Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately this is looking to be more and more like an S&S that will be similar to Steel Curtain except it will "race" itself in the sense it could stop next to the station before launching while the other train leaves the station. SFGAm will get a mirrored version as well. How underwhelming. Think of the Batman/ Robin dueling coaster SF sent out in a survey a few years ago.

As for the Mack coaster, "California" was in reference to Carowinds' referencing KBF and CGA in their teasers. perhaps Mack got those confused OR KBF may be getting the coaster track for 2020. We'll have to wait and see.
Eeeeeeehhhhhhhh....basically a glorified Full Throttle. I would’ve preferred the Mack spinner.

So what’s the world-record breaking gimmick they’re trying to go for? Will there at least be some decent airtime on it?

Reactions: chris.g
Eeeeeeehhhhhhhh....basically a glorified Full Throttle. I would’ve preferred the Mack spinner.

So what’s the world-record breaking gimmick they’re trying to go for? Will there at least be some decent airtime on it?

No clue. But I highly suggest everyone just keep their expectations low as S&S seems to be the likely candidate now. Wouldn't count on airtime.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Unfortunately this is looking to be more and more like an S&S that will be similar to Steel Curtain except it will "race" itself in the sense it could stop next to the station before launching while the other train leaves the station. SFGAm will get a mirrored version as well. How underwhelming. Think of the Batman/ Robin dueling coaster SF sent out in a survey a few years ago.

As for the Mack coaster, "California" was in reference to Carowinds' referencing KBF and CGA in their teasers. perhaps Mack got those confused OR KBF may be getting the coaster track for 2020. We'll have to wait and see.

:pray:

EDIT: Made a post on it for RollerCoaster Reddit. Quoted you.

Last edited:
Wow dude, I've never seen you contradict yourself so fast. Only took 4 hours, a SFMM world record!

If it’s anything like Steel Curtain, bring it; just as long as there aren’t any OTSRs and the ride is at least fairly smooth.

this is looking to be more and more like an S&S that will be similar to Steel Curtain

All kidding aside, yup this is pretty underwhelming. I guess we're all victims of the hype train.

I will take this with a grain of salt, as the leading rumor has changed from coaster in 2020 to coaster next season to Mack Xtreme Spin to S&S dueling coaster, but honestly, it’s more plausible than Mack.

Mack’s coasters tend to be extremely expensive, comparable to the prices of B&M and Intamin. Six Flags just doesn’t spend that kind of money anymore. S&S, on the other hand, is a company they have an established relationship with that is more willing to tackle big concepts at a cheaper price than their competitors.

I will take this with a grain of salt, as the leading rumor has changed from coaster in 2020 to coaster next season to Mack Xtreme Spin to S&S dueling coaster, but honestly, it’s more plausible than Mack.

Mack’s coasters tend to be extremely expensive, comparable to the prices of B&M and Intamin. Six Flags just doesn’t spend that kind of money anymore. S&S, on the other hand, is a company they have an established relationship with that is more willing to tackle big concepts at a cheaper price than their competitors.

So what do you think the coaster is going to be?

So what do you think the coaster is going to be?

No idea honestly, as I don’t remember what the Batman and Robin concept released a few years ago looked like. When Chris says it’s similar to Steel Curtain, I picture a dueling version of Formula at Energylandia.

Being optimistic, Steel Curtain is going to be an S&S coaster and it looks pretty good! Maybe they might take hints from RMC as they apparently have with Steel Curtain and introduce some hantime and airtime in there. It sounds like SFMM wants this to be their answer to a Top Thrill Dragster-style coaster, which is where the hyper rumors have come in.

Speculation: Duel coaster with two top hats next to each other, but as an inversion as opposed to a hill, followed by a few inversions. Ride time would be no longer than 25-30 seconds. This has SFMM written all over it. They can boast the world's tallest inversion at 200 ft.

*Sigh* This sounds like it will be another short, gimmicky coaster, but I'm sure the GP will love it. I don't think a proper megacoaster will ever happen at this point. An airtime machine just isn't fast, "loop-de-loop" or "scary" enough for the GP, right?

Reactions: chris.g
Superman was the world’s first stratacoaster. If anything, TTD was an answer to that.

With that being said, I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

Being optimistic, Steel Curtain is going to be an S&S coaster and it looks pretty good! Maybe they might take hints from RMC as they apparently have with Steel Curtain and introduce some hantime and airtime in there. It sounds like SFMM wants this to be their answer to a Top Thrill Dragster-style coaster, which is where the hyper rumors have come in.

Speculation: Duel coaster with two top hats next to each other, but as an inversion as opposed to a hill, followed by a few inversions. Ride time would be no longer than 25-30 seconds. This has SFMM written all over it. They can boast the world's tallest inversion at 200 ft.

*Sigh* This sounds like it will be another short, gimmicky coaster, but I'm sure the GP will love it. I don't think a proper megacoaster will ever happen at this point. An airtime machine just isn't fast, "loop-de-loop" or "scary" enough for the GP, right?

My guess, is that the coaster could have a "Dueling" aspect that matches Twisted Colossus, where all connected by one track; has the coaster going through a series of elements against each-other.

There may even be an element of pause for one side of the track for the two to line up together; and with each side having something unique.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
My guess, is that the coaster could have a "Dueling" aspect that matches Twisted Colossus, where all connected by one track; has the coaster going through a series of elements against each-other.

There may even be an element of pause for one side of the track for the two to line up together; and with each side having something unique.
RMC does have reliability issues, but not as bad as S&S. Please, please, please let it be this:

Reactions: SOCAL110
RMC does have reliability issues, but not as bad as S&S. Please, please, please let it be this:

This would be seriously awesome. Unfortunately, I think Chris G. already positively ruled out a T-Rex. Of all the possible coasters, this would be my top choice. A guy can dream.

Reactions: Freak and Dhdhddh
This would be seriously awesome. Unfortunately, I think Chris G. already positively ruled out a T-Rex. Of all the possible coasters, this would be my top choice. A guy can dream.

I wouldn't entirely rule it out considering RMC makes their steel coasters at the S&S plants. Not sure if it would then be an RMC coaster or S&S.