Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I'd argue that seat belts like the ones on Hangtime work even quicker than those so called Comfort Collars.

Those Collars just ruin any sort of upper body freedom that you should free on a ride like this.

Yes but Premier's comfort collars vs. their seatbelts have different loading procedures vs the ones on Hangtime.

Justice League was a fantastic addition to the park but I agree on the reality, it didn't bring in any crowds nor did it receive the huge lines like Crazanity and Twisted Colossus. I'm still impressed that the park has managed to keep all the effects working with the occasional projector replacement/fix. The quality of JLBFM is high for SFMM but unfortunately, it will always be compared to the higher quality attractions offered at rival parks down the street.

SFMM shot themselves in the foot on JL when they decided on not just one, but two pre-show rooms. And not only are they both fairly bad, but they're also LONG. I would go on that ride a lot more if I could just walk on to it. But most of the time, I just don't want to wait, so I skip it. And I don't think I'm alone in that. Which is unfortunate, because the ride is pretty good, especially for SF standards. Most of the time, it seems to just be cycling empty as they wait for the 10 people who do decided to wait for both show rooms.

I'd argue that seat belts like the ones on Hangtime work even quicker than those so called Comfort Collars.

And based on my experience on Electric Eel, they've very cumbersome to maneuver around and get on. To me, it was nearly slower that putting on a standard seat belt. Though for me personally, they didn't bother me during the ride. But I have heard reports from many others who find them uncomfortable.

Last edited:
nor did it receive the huge lines like Crazanity
Okay, lets be realistic about the line situation.... the turnaround time for Crazanity sucks beyond belief. It is NOT a people eater. And they now "rush" the end time of the ride rather than the slower ending it originally had just to attempt a faster turnaround time. Honestly, the long line for it died after a month or so, unless the park was "busy". Eitherway, it is not a people eater, so unless the park is dead, it will always have a full queue (which isn't very large capacity to begin with).

There was mention of Viper getting new OTSRs but that's about it.
Gross. That still keeps the problem instead of fixing it. Unless they go with a "comfort" type. Just redo the damn trains with lap bars & cushion seats (preferably comfy like Apocalypse)

Sorry for my absence, been working every day since tuesday (and dont have off until sunday)... but wanted to point this out...

pGVeNyi.jpg

Johnny Rockets now has a nice railing installed around the perimeter, complete with a piece of polished plywood for people to place their drinks (aka- beer & stuff)..

jDt1gGY.jpg

Also new... They have a queue on the CraZanity side of the restaurant where they are to wait until a window becomes available to order. There was a Six Flags team member there to let them know what number window to go to (order windows are now numbered). One the opposite side of the building (not pictured), is where park guests will go to the "pick up window" for their order. This new set up allows for more efficiency and NOT have a long ass line spilling into the midway. Also on the pick-up window side, there is all new nice covered tables and shade.

Unfortunately, they still have the other tables in direct sunlight next to the CraZanity wall so guests can enjoy their food at a burning hot table in the blistering heat without shade

Apparently Viper's small rehab include new brakes, so I'm hoping that includes the trim after the Batwing inversion because that kills the momentum and is so uncomfortable.

SF has always been the leader in parking rates. They were one of the first to charge $20 back in the day. I've heard parking at SF Great America is now $30, so we still have it cheaper than them

Do you when Viper is expected to open and if it will be a smoother experience?
They've been installing/upgrading the electronics for Viper. I was told it'd reopen sometime this month, no exact date (yet).

In other news, here is a pic of the new bar over between DC Universe & Crazanity, next to Johnny Rockets...
lF7VDQP.jpg

Kit8rDx.jpg

When I was at the park last week, quite a few of the rides were suffering a lot of downtime... more so than usual it seemed. Also, "Chop Six" (aka- knock off Panda) is CLOSED during the week & ONLY open on the weekends. Same goes for the Mining Town Midway Games next to Tatsu.

The increase in parking is ridiculous for non-passholders with parking. Paying almost $30 for a park that is half closed or "temporarily broken", with no shows, barely any photo-op characters, & severely limited non-coaster rides... Its no wonder that Magic Mountain is suffering. Despite the park's location, it should be busier than it is, even during the "off season". Even Universal with its 5 rides is busier. Sadly, WCR is NOT going to bring in the masses. Its a gimmick rather than a "good coaster". It is a great park, but it is in need of major help.

The park really needed a MASSIVE attraction to lure the crowds. Maybe we’ll get it for the 50th?
I’d say the park does an OK job of keeping the rides open during the slow weekdays with the known closures of Viper, Apocalypse, and Green Lantern. A huge factor for closing rides is definitely staffing issues, wether it be troubles hiring or cutting back on labor.
It doesn’t make sense to pay almost $30 for parking on a uncovered, unpainted, and cracked pavement parking lot. You pay less at USH and get some nice parking structures that are close to the park/CityWalk.

Yes, there is a pick-up/drop-off area that loops around next to the main entrance

The park really needed a MASSIVE attraction to lure the crowds. Maybe we’ll get it for the 50th?
I’d say the park does an OK job of keeping the rides open during the slow weekdays with the known closures of Viper, Apocalypse, and Green Lantern. A huge factor for closing rides is definitely staffing issues.
Actually the park doesn't do well at all during the week due to its poor offerings of non-coasters, but even on busy days they're understaffed. Its just them being cheap. The rides being closed has nothing to do with staffing... its due to maintenance and/or construction, along with poor attendance

Last edited: