Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here is a little more progress on the new fenced in area next to Johnny Rockets...

iFLMOt0.jpg

BGMx95K.jpg

Here is a view of the future "West Coast Racers" location from Ninja... (not much new with the area aside from dirt pushing here/there)
mMnjwlT.jpg

Could the Green Lantern coaster actually be making a comeback in the very near future? They originally only had a barricade & "closed" sign at the entrance/exit... As you can see from this picture, the "temporarily closed" sign is out front and barricades on either side of the giant lantern...
Q2ifXPg.jpg

If you don't operate it, you can't count it... sorry six flags, but with this closed, you only have 19 coasters next year.. not 20.

Honestly expecting GL to be replaced with a S&S Free Fly in 2020.
Honestly, I say scrap the coaster idea entirely, and just do the new revamped "enterprise" flat ride instead.. it'd make more sense with the "First Flight" title.

^This version is a 2-seater to double capacity.

If they painted it black with green, it'd look great. Plus the glowing green lighting package at night would look great in DC Universe (something Flash & Wonder Woman could seriously benefit from getting during those nighttime operations)

^Those are made by Zamperla and are called "Endeavour" (for future reference).
Endeavour
I know. The first video is from Zamperla. But they are still the next generation version of the classic enterprise

I knew it seemed suspicious when they moved the barricades & put the "maintenance" sign out front. It does make sense since I did see them cycle a car through a few months back. And they've had cars just sitting outside the load platform for quite some time (just hard to get a pic due to the wall/fence).

Honestly, I say scrap the coaster idea entirely, and just do the new revamped "enterprise" flat ride instead.. it'd make more sense with the "First Flight" title.

^This version is a 2-seater to double capacity.

If they painted it black with green, it'd look great. Plus the glowing green lighting package at night would look great in DC Universe (something Flash & Wonder Woman could seriously benefit from getting during those nighttime operations)

Ideal solution, but SFMM is obsessed with keeping the coaster count up.

Ideal solution, but SFMM is obsessed with keeping the coaster count up.
Then build a better coaster elsewhere in the park and still give us 5 new flat rides around the park :lol:

This is the problem I have with the current Six Flags way of thinking when it comes to new rides- EVERYTHING has to have a gimmick. :rolleyes: Tallest, fastest, longest, most spinny, biggest, etc etc... Look at the rides that have been there & more or less get neglected. They may have set a record of some kind, but it was still an overall good ride. The emphasis on ride experience & "look" was taken into consideration a lot more than nowadays. Look at both Batman & Riddler, both built in the 90s... great coasters (even if Batman is cloned excessively, including at Sea World San Antonio as The Great White), but they have really great immersive themeing for their queue/load platforms. Even Goliath is really well themed for a (Six Flags) coaster (although it could use a tiny bit more, but thats my RCT nitpicking).

West Coast Racers is a just barely more themed Full Throttle. Unfortunately, the ride itself is just gimmick, gimmick, gimmick instead of "lets build a great coaster!".

It was funny, when Neil announced GL was going to return, a few people did boo. :)

I will put myself in the minority that actually kinda likes the ride. Is it great? No, but it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to for other people. But again, I recognize I'm in the minority.

Reactions: chris.g
Even if those failures hurt like hell when riding?

Yes. Flashback hurt like hell, so did Windjammer at Knotts, and Ghostrider for many years. It's like driving a shitty car. You're stuck with it until you can afford a replacement which takes time. This isn't like RCT, where if you don't like something you click a button and it's gone. There is alot of red tape, money, man power and corporate nonsense you have to hurdle before removing a ride.

Some news after a Q&A with park president Neal Thurman (some of it has been mentioned already):

- Green Lantern WILL reopen in 2019
- West Coast Racers has a short and long version of the pitstop depending on the dispatches.
- WCR uses comfort collars so that it doesn't have to use seatbelts, should help with loading
- Viper isn't going anywhere soon
- Adrenaline Alley may not be the final name of the new area WCR is in (The Underground is a possible name)
- Sky Tower will probably never reopen.
-West Coast Racers will have a free loose article storage system located outside of the station and small storage pouches on the trains. This system is also planned to be implemented on other attractions in the park where it can be added without significantly reconfiguring the station/queue.
-Just like Twisted Colossus, there are four trains and three will operate at any given time.
-Tatsu will be the next coaster to be repainted, and it will happen as soon as the park has the maintenance budget for it.
-Expect to see roller coasters and flat rides as additions at SFMM, as those are the most successful at the park. Other types of non-coaster rides are unlikely in the future as they don't bring in enough guests to justify their cost (not confirmed, but heavily implied Justice League was a flop at SFMM).
- Apocalypse will NOT get a retheme, just a new sign and possible enhancements

-Tatsu will be the next coaster to be repainted, and it will happen as soon as the park has the maintenance budget for it.
-Other types of non-coaster rides are unlikely in the future as they don't bring in enough guests to justify their cost (not confirmed, but heavily implied Justice League was a flop at SFMM).
- Apocalypse will NOT get a retheme, just a new sign and possible enhancements
- As soon as it has the maintenance budget... soooo what is the point of Takis being the sponsor for the coaster? Make them put up the money for a repaint. Also, Tatsu should NOT be the next coaster for a repaint, it SHOULD be Ninja since it is literally the backdrop for WCR.. and the construction has coated it in dirt!

- Translation: We want our guests to suffer even more in our desert-like theme park instead of give them other rides that will let them escape the heat or be able to enjoy together due to not everyone being able to ride a coaster/thrilling flat ride.

- Pretty much expected this for Apocalypse. I'd love for the fire blast to return. Fog...

I mean, in defense of Tatsu; it's not exactly a coaster that is isolated in one small area. It's one of the largest coasters in the park, and can be seen from a variety of areas.

Ninja, should be next..but Tatsu, needs that love.

As far as Sky Tower and the statement on non-coaster rides...

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Justice League was a fantastic addition to the park but I agree on the reality, it didn't bring in any crowds nor did it receive the huge lines like Crazanity and Twisted Colossus. I'm still impressed that the park has managed to keep all the effects working with the occasional projector replacement/fix. The quality of JLBFM is high for SFMM but unfortunately, it will always be compared to the higher quality attractions offered at rival parks down the street.

Glad to see that the park is getting serious about fast dispatches on attractions with the addition of pouches and storage areas. Rides like Twisted Colossus however need a mandatory locker system that is found on X2. Maybe a free system like Universal does with FJ and Mummy. The need to cross over at the loading platform and fight to place your stuff in a bin is extremely time consuming. It's depressing seeing the ride ops just standing there waiting for everyone to put their stuff away and sit down.

I still like to believe that the Sky Tower will be not closed forever but it sounds like it'll be a long time before they decide to invest into it.

Any word of a true Viper refurbishment with re-profiling and Vekoma trains?

Reactions: chris.g