Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol at that Universal dig.
Holy sh!t that Universal shade haha
b44.gif

For West Coast Racers, is the park going to order 4 trains like they did on Twisted Colossus? Also, where is the transfer track for train storage on this ride?

Here's a theory:

Maybe part of the reason we didn't get Maxx Force was because they're using SFGAm as a testing ground for Superman 3.0. They're probably looking for a cost-effective manufacturer to make that ride and they're waiting to see how reliable S&S is. I could totally see the first half of the ride be like what was shown in that survey video and the last half be similar to Maxx Force. What better way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of SFMM than to reclaim the title for having the world's tallest coast coaster.....and possibly be the first to break the 500ft. barrier? They could just reuse the existing Superman tower so that would give them a serious advantage in costs right there.

I was getting frustrated this afternoon trying to get ours (through SFOG). Something told me they would extend it, but we got them to go through around 5pm here. I'm sure this will please some people complaining on FB and elsewhere...lol

@Wesker69 You've been awfully silent man. What are your thoughts on all this? What coaster do you think MM will be getting?
hah... sorry, been MIA due to working A LOT the past week or so. Six Flags in their own special way blatantly told everyone what the coaster would be with their 6 teaser posters on the construction walls- a launched, dueling, racing coaster. Honestly, people were getting way too invested on the "what", especially when they had no idea what it would actually be (not even alleged insiders). At the end of the day, no matter what the park announced, we were all going to end up at the park & ride it at some point in time.

As for my thoughts?... The new midway "looks" nice, but I'll believe the concept art when I see it in person. However, this particular "look" makes me feel it should've been next to Full Throttle. Unfortunately, the existing food/bathrooms are probably only going to get cosmetic surgery instead of the full "rebuilt from the ground up" treatment they need/deserve. Yay for new NON-cracked midways that haven't been touched since the park opened! ....."Steel Colossus" should be fun, but from an operations stand-point, it feels like it will have awful turnaround time. Yay 3hr waittime!

Anyway.... whether you want to love the new coaster or trash it, the park already has new shirts to buy....
q14VJsA.jpg

Two "West Coast Racer" logo tshirts & two "West Coast Customs/Magic Mountain" tshirts.

In other news, I've got a bunch of Fright Fest prep pics, so I'll just create a separate thread for the event. If Knotts can have a separate Scary Farm thread, then so should Fright Fest. I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow night after work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh
Those shirts aren't have bad actually.
Yea. I actually want to get the logo shirt & the magic mountain silhouette shirt (even though I wish the image was on the back).

Forgot to mention, the shirts can currently be found in the Studio 6F giftshop next to Gold Rusher. The shirts only cost $20, so roughly $15 with your passholder discount.

Here is something new and exciting to see....

Remember that construction by Johnny Rockets that I pointed out the other week? Well this is the reason for it. Apparently, the park will be adding another fenced off "bar area" similar to the one next to Justice League... Curious to see how this ends up because it kinda screws over Johnny Rockets current lack of shaded seating...
31eMTeK.jpg

7xYHiUW.jpg

qDgftRw.jpg

I'll keep you updated when it progresses further.... Its definitely NOT a pretty looking structure, but oh well... have to wait for paint...

Just for the hell of it... here is a pic of CraZanity with a snapchat filter... it was a sunny cloudless day! :lol:
gaFggT5.jpg