Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

And I don't disagree that the spot where Déjà Vu needs something, but that I would think just by age alone, Viper would be the most likely to leave. Not to mention, it may have enough space for something like Time Traveler to come to the parks, if that is what Neil desires to make out of for a big splash back into Magic Mountain.
Now that I think about it, they could push this as “the world’s tallest and fastest spinning coaster” if it replaces Viper. It would still look iconic if it has the normal lift and drop format, not to mention SFMM won’t build it unless it’s a world record breaker.

Last edited:
It's tough to say. Viper is still pretty iconic and, fairly popular with the GP, and relative to other Arrow coasters, in not too bad shape (remember, relative scale here). And remember, tearing things down costs money. The main reason the monorail tracks have stayed up as long as they have (and sections still do!).

That said, with Arrow coasters disappearing more and more, thereby making replacement parts and maintenance more difficult, it's anybody's guess.

Even though I'm one of the few who don't mind it, I feel Green Lantern wouldn't be missed by many, and should go first. Replace it with the S & S model, or an El Loco. It'd be cool to see SFMM with a mouse coaster; one of the only types I feel it's missing.

All that said, I certain wouldn't argue a Time Traveler style ride. It looks amazing.

Sorry for the Double post - rumor has it Roaring Rapids is on the chopping block
So that’s where the new coaster is going to be, huh?

Can’t blame them for getting rid of RR. It’s got a high water bill, takes up a lot of space, and those kind of rides are no longer a big draw. I just hope they don’t chop don’t several more trees.

I guess they’re saving the De Ja Vu spot for a future dive coaster several years down the road?

So that’s where the new coaster is going to be, huh?

Can’t blame them for getting rid of RR. It’s got a high water bill, takes up a lot of space, and those kind of rides are no longer a big draw. I just hope they don’t chop don’t several more trees.

I guess they’re saving the De Ja Vu spot for a future dive coaster several years down the road?

Heard SFMM lost all interest in a dive coaster since KBF beat them to the punch in terms of marketing with Hangtime.

I noticed that during my last few trips to the Mountain, Green Lantern has been closed. Heard a random rumor they’re not interested in reopening it. Any truth to this anyone? The person I’ve heard this from has questionable credibility.

A ride so bad you actually hope it is closed so others don't feel the pain. They should convert it to a floorless lol.

A ride so bad you actually hope it is closed so others don't feel the pain. They should convert it to a floorless lol.
Um....it’s already flourless.

If it’s closing permanently, count me happy. That thing is not suitable for the male gender. Replace it with a Zamparela Endeavor or something.

^That would be especially fitting, as the ride is in the location of an Enterprise.

Although I fully realize I am totally in the minority, I actually don't mind that ride. Would I marathon it? No way. But I do like it once in a while.

That said, if they did get rid of it, I wouldn't be all that sad, either. Personally, I think it'd be fun if they one day either got a mad mouse of El Loco. An "intermediate" coaster addition would be fun in their line up. Tweens can only ride Ninja and Goldrusher so many times, haha

^That would be especially fitting, as the ride is in the location of an Enterprise.

Although I fully realize I am totally in the minority, I actually don't mind that ride. Would I marathon it? No way. But I do like it once in a while.

That said, if they did get rid of it, I wouldn't be all that sad, either. Personally, I think it'd be fun if they one day either got a mad mouse of El Loco. An "intermediate" coaster addition would be fun in their line up. Tweens can only ride Ninja and Goldrusher so many times, haha
Oooohhhh an El Loco would be pretty nice. Haven’t been on any of them (Someday I’ll go on the one in Vegas), but those look like pretty underrated rides. I like coasters with a lot of hang/air time. Such a ride would definitely provide that for a compact coaster. I think De’Ja’Vu’s former spot could definitely use one.

If SFMM were to add something like that, I don’t see them adding a smaller coaster like that for a long time. The next coaster is rumored to be “big” and for the fiftieth, I would imagine they would want to make a “big” coaster to celebrate that year, especially if it turns out to be the 20th if Lantern closes.

To add more fuel to the GL leaving rumor, remember when we discussed the issue of wanting to add a major coaster, but wanting to save the 20th for the 50th? Axing GL would solve that issue.

Take this with a grain of salt, but supposedly all season passes will be membership ONLY effective 2019.

I would imagine that to mean that the option of a one time payment, good for the year option is going away.

I, personally, despise memberships. Monthly payments are annoying.

I would imagine that to mean that the option of a one time payment, good for the year option is going away.

I, personally, despise memberships. Monthly payments are annoying.

This, and agreed.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, it comes from a source who's hit or miss.