Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I recently got to do a few re-rides on Electric Eel over the Thanksgiving weekend are SWSD. Even as a tall person, I’m not really bothered by the comfort collars anymore during the ride. I think after several re-rides on WCR, I probably will mentally shut out the collars and won’t really care about it. They’re not too bad.

Got to see it test myself last night. They were testing one train pretty consistently throughout the night as far as I could see.

I'm a bit bummed the acceleration is so gradual, and the yellow side looks a bit dull compared to the gray, but I think it'll still be enjoyable.

On a side note, they've pushed back the fences a bit more, and the candy shop is now open! When I asked, they said yesterday was it's first day open.

Yeah I thought that with the shorter launch pad, we’d get more of a Speed:The Ride/Mr. Freeze style launch, but I’m guessing that a gradual launch is more friendly to guests that want more of a medium thrill. Also the Premier old school trains seemed built for more powerful launches.

Let’s face it, it’s the dueling that will elevate this ride more so than the layout.

Last edited:
Apparently, it's been announced by the park (via passholder and membership email) there will be passholder and membership previews for WCR starting on on Dec 21 and 22, as well as other select dates.

I was planning to go this weekend, but I guess I will wait till next weekend for West Coast Racers. Despite how long it took to actually start putting the coaster together, it seems like things have gone very quick for construction over the past few months since it is already almost open even though it just started testing.

Walked around the new area today and overall, it looks pretty good. It's not going to blow anyone away, but compared to what it looked like before, great job SFMM. It's now the coolest looking area in the park.

The ride cycled twice while I was there, once, with one of the maintenance guys in the back row. The ride looks so fun. Again, this isn't going in anyone's top 20, but like Apocalypse, this will be a big crowd pleaser.

The area looks nice for SFMM but I have two major qualms against it: 1) No trees. No shade. This is why I can't go to SFMM because it's absolutely miserable. The entire park is well on it way to being just a giant concrete slab. Would it kill them to add just a little shade? 2) It's telling of SFMM if their most well-themed area is a parking lot.

Interesting that all of the previews are going to be held during the peak of Christmas break. I wonder how thrilled the GP will be when they hear that they have to have a season pass to preview it.

But yeah, this will be a fun ride. Looks like it will fulfill its role of being a diet Maverick.