Six Flags to Buy Out SeaWorld? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags to Buy Out SeaWorld?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They could survive only iff they had a smaller park used as a sideshow tourist trap...i.e. fun spot or old town...but still agree no no no to SF
true. I've always heard rumors why six flags never built in Florida. I know they either built or bought a small parcel of land with some attractions on it in South Florida and it ran dry. I was surprised honestly when I heard Six Flags was interested. They just got over bankruptcy and can't imagine what is up their sleeve. Too bad no word on Comcast.

I know they either built or bought a small parcel of land with some attractions on it in South Florida and it ran dry.
Six Flags DID have a park in South Florida. It was a water park located in Dania Beach called Atlantis: The Water Kingdom. As a kid growing up not far from that area, I practically lived at that park during the summers. While it did have financial issues, the park was booming during the summer times. The biggest reason why the park closed was Hurricane Andrew's wrath. The destruction from the storm was too great, and therefore it never re-opened. Damn shame.

On the topic at hand, I seriously hope this news never comes to fruition. Seeing how Comcast has invested in Universal, I wouldn't mind seeing them buying out SeaWorld Parks, but please NO Six Flags!

Six Flags DID have a park in South Florida. It was a water park located in Dania Beach called Atlantis: The Water Kingdom. As a kid growing up not far from that area, I practically lived at that park during the summers. While it did have financial issues, the park was booming during the summer times. The biggest reason why the park closed was Hurricane Andrew's wrath. The destruction from the storm was too great, and therefore it never re-opened. Damn shame.

On the topic at hand, I seriously hope this news never comes to fruition. Seeing how Comcast has invested in Universal, I wouldn't mind seeing them buying out SeaWorld Parks, but please NO Six Flags!

To this day im still saddened that they closed the water park. I used to go in the 80s with summer camp and my parents every year. It was a great day when I was finally tall enough to reach the zip line :lol:

Yup I also grew up at that park

I can't see any fortune 500 company buying Seaworld. It has too too too much bad press and too many animal rights groups against it. Comcast doesn't need that mess of controversy.

Yup I also grew up at that park

Same here. :lol:

For some reason, I can never shake the memory of this:

sproul008.jpg