Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
NO!!!!!! Who do you guys think I talk with - Mickey Mouse?

Capacitors is how the Rip Ride Rocket vehicles are powered and recharged to light the lights and play the audio. I assure you that this is how these vehicles are powered as I have been told so by the people working on it, designing it, engineering it.

And yeah, I am a really lucky guy and I know it and I really appreciate their time and knowledge.

I think this is a giant leap from HRRR. It's one thing to power a couple of lights and speakers for a minute and half compared to driving a vehicle carrying however many people for 6mins plus whatever range of motion the vehicle itself has.

As advanced as the ride is, I'm blowing away by the technology powering it. This opens up the gates for some truly innovative stuff.

Just remember, it is stopped in place for a good 2 minutes of the ride... but I will pass along your concerns. :saywhat:

(and I did doublecheck last night to see if there were any loopholes to the batteries, backups, lithium etc etc and I was told a flat no. Capacitors only)

Reactions: ChrisM
Just remember, it is stopped in place for a good 2 minutes of the ride... but I will pass along your concerns. :saywhat:

(and I did doublecheck last night to see if there were any loopholes to the batteries, backups, lithium etc etc and I was told a flat no. Capacitors only)

I have zero concerns.

Oh..hehe..we have reached 100 pages. Quite remarkable for one ape, now is it.

Speaking of the ape and the domain that he now has..

Nice find. :thumbsup: That gate looks fantastic.....This thread didn't start until Universal's announcement. If you add the previous discussions in, there's even more pages...As Ward Bond's character said in the "The Quiet Man", "There's beeeen talk!"...:)

Reactions: Mike S

Is that 2 minutes the load/unload or a show scene? If it's a scene, could they add a charge point there too? Or is it even necessary?

Is that 2 minutes the load/unload or a show scene? If it's a scene, could they add a charge point there too? Or is it even necessary?

How long is the Hollywood 360? I used 2 minutes for the 2 show stops. They are charging at both unload and load. No other charging will occur. They have been running just fine since November from what I have heard. There have been some other issues, but I understand they are working on a solution to those.

PS: I just watched, and Kong 360 is 2 minutes. So I calculate the stop time at 3 minutes even though I don't know the other stop. That leaves 3 minutes drive time between charges. Cool huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
I saw one of those gates installed last time I went, they are giant. It's gonna be like JP's doors times 10, very cinematic. Although I'm a bit confused, are the doors opening by themselves? Natives? Guess I'll see

it's cool that you will be able to see the giant doors open just sitting outside the line.
To me, I feel like it the gates should be more of a "Grand Reveal" type of thing, sort of like going through the JP Gates.

This is where I feel like Uni definitely could've benefited from having more land to work with. I just feel like the actual outside track and the extended queue almost are on-top of each other.