Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did you miss the part where Teebin said they've already destroyed 3 screens and RV's?

Of course, that was just a joke.

Or possibly the vehicles themselves were too wide with the extras attached. They had a problem outdoors also in clearing a turn. Just a guess though.

Yeah, that hasn't happened. No sets have been struck or damaged by tight corners to the best of my recent knowledge. There have been common issues but nothing that is causing me to have a Gringotts hemorrhage just yet. ;)

Of course, that was just a joke.

Yeah, that hasn't happened. No sets have been struck or damaged by tight corners to the best of my recent knowledge. There have been common issues but nothing that is causing me to have a Gringotts hemorrhage just yet. ;)
Just the screens then?

That was all a joke based on Briman's whimsical stacking the RV's post. I had to run it into the ground with that humorous missive.
OK. But you had all of us believing it really happened. That's why it's alluded to in a number of posts on this forum. The humor was a little too British dry for us commoners. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S
Then I apologize to all that thought me to be serious. You all thought that?
It's good to hear it's not true. It was starting to sound a bit Gringottish, especially combined with the other poster's post that they had to redo that one outdoor corner. Heh, all's well that ends well. You're still the best, even if you don't use an LOL emoticon with a dry joke.:lol:

Yeah, I must hark back that I have gotten myself in deep trouble in real life with what I thought were absurdest overkill humorous statements.
Actually you're kind of victim to your excellent reputation and success as an insider. Many of us hang on your every comment for a clue to what's "really" going on at Universal. So we probably are sometimes guilty of reading too much into some of your comments. Keep up the good work, my friend. You're still our best interpreter of Universal Creative creations. :thumbsup:

This is Universal's rule for operating outdoor attractions, including roller coasters and water rides:

Lightning within 10 miles: Operate, with audio warnings to guests that it may close.
Lightning within 5 miles: Do not operate.

Light Rain or Medium rain - Operate
Heavy Downpour (hurricane conditions) - Do not operate

I'm sure KONG will follow the same rule. They will cut the ourdoor portion when lightning is within 5 miles.

This is Universal's rule for operating outdoor attractions, including roller coasters and water rides:

Lightning within 10 miles: Operate, with audio warnings to guests that it may close.
Lightning within 5 miles: Do not operate.

Light Rain or Medium rain - Operate
Heavy Downpour (hurricane conditions) - Do not operate

I'm sure KONG will follow the same rule. They will cut the ourdoor portion when lightning is within 5 miles.
:thumbsup:That's a real nice find. It clarifies a lot of questions.........It kind of reminds me of our directives when I was a high school soccer official. If we saw lightning, we were to immediately cease play for a minimum of 30 minutes. But if it was raining, no matter how hard, we would continue play. Of course we didn't have to deal with hurricanes in western Pa. ( just their aftermath sometimes)

Reactions: Ryno27
I'm still very curious why they felt they needed the steps up to the gate? Not like a rider would notice this.
It seems so unnecessary, especially for a vehicle running trackless...
Kong Entrance.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27