Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am pretty sure this was a joke but I am betting this will happen as it is. At least the Frozen one.
I joke often, but this one wasn't. I think it would be a real coup to get Kong & Hulk open before Disney's Epcot openings and shortly after ROL at AK. It'll keep that Universal momentum rolling and blunt Disney's marketing a bit. :)

I'm willing to bet it officially opens in July as part of a press event with Sappher Falls, Hulk, and whatever NBA becomes. Softs in May

I am thinking based on what we know that Kong will grand open before July. I have a feeling Universal will be a little sentimental and we will get a June opening to honor the opening of original Kong experiences. If it does not grand open between June 7nth and June 21st I will be shocked.

If I had to plant my on what I think:

Kong softs in Late-April; opens on June 10th. And that the date is revealed either on Face/off, or on a special episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

Reactions: Mike S
Its so weird. I am hearing stronger rumors that human driver/spieling actor was not happening, yet every general attractions application for Reign of Kong has stated that you should be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and utilizing props(steering wheel comes to mind) but who knows, this is very curious.
Human DRIVER never was happening.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
No...there will be a driver, though not human

I'm sill getting this vibe.

maxresdefault11.jpg

Well said DTale. The irony of not wanting to repeat one's self comes off as cocky when you just take the time to post that you don't want to repeat yourself. If you can take the time to do one, you could do the other.

Also, Scott_Walker, I imagine that too, but with better skin akin to that found on the Goblins of Gringotts. With this and a barrier of glass things should look good.

And allow them to light the inside at different moments and various levels I.E. when the driver is getting attacked or a strobing from some seemingly organic light source that makes the scene more violent.

Reactions: Ryno27
This may come across as rude...

I have no pity for you when you complain about having to repeat yourself, or when you say "if you paid attention you would know the answer."

You have some sort of access to information that most people don't have, and you share it on this forum. This is a gift to us, because you don't NEED to share the information you have. However, you feed off of everyone's desire to know more by revealing things cryptically or by just sharing hints, ultimately making you "popular" amongst the forum members.

Then people ask the same questions because they have no desire to read 160 pages of a thread where only a few select posts have valid information. This causes you to whine about your need to "repeat yourself." I can't stand it!

This is not a personal vendetta towards you, it is just something I have noticed in the Orlando theme park community as a whole. Those with "insider" information use it to make themselves superior to others, and very rarely are humble about the information they have.

Maybe, an idea, to stop you from repeating yourself and to prevent people from hunting through 160 posts, could be to compile a list of all the information you have in ONE post. And each time you find something else, you can add it to the list.

Just do a simple search by Teebin and you get a wealth of information. Problem solved.
akpQgns.png

Personally, I appreciate everything he says and I have to respect that if he has to repeat himself often he could easily incriminate himself by adding small bits of extra information that they shouldn't be sharing.

A couple of months ago there was some info passed through here that said Jimmy Fallon was taping at Universal the end of May. If that poster had good information, that might signal the actual date Universal makes their announcement on Kong/Hulk/Sapphire. Last time they did that was for Diagon.

A couple of months ago there was some info passed through here that said Jimmy Fallon was taping at Universal the end of May. If that poster had good information, that might signal the actual date Universal makes their announcement on Kong/Hulk/Sapphire. Last time they did that was for Diagon.

Exactly. If they are taping for Fallon, they can do it as a way to promote USO like that, and even showcase a little bit of his attraction in the process.

Synergy can be Universal in this possible case.