Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I take everything screamscape says with the smallest grain of salt. I don't think it's gonna be an AA in the drivers seat, since you are driving literally right next to it, it's gotta be top notch to not break the illusion. The upkeep on that would be insanely expensive and I just think it's too ambitious. I expect projections, nothing more or less

Mercy, the answer to this question was posted months and months and months ago here on this website. Very odd that neither of you know about it at all. It isn't a mysterious question at all and is old news.
What question? I know there isn't an "animatronic driver", I was simply quoting something I found on screamscape because I thought it was odd that he would say that. Sorry if that was unclear.

Last edited:
Mercy, the answer to this question was posted months and months and months ago here on this website. Very odd that neither of you know about it at all. It isn't a mysterious question at all and is old news.

Last I checked there wasn't an FAQ section of the forum for this ride. There are over 160 pages, and almost a year worth of posts on here. Not everyone follows the board religiously. Instead of a snide comment, why not just answer the question? Not to mention half of the "answers" that get posted are often in silly riddles, or are half answers that sounds like mere speculation.

Those situations were very well built for it. Most buildings aren't.

That makes sense, but I guess i just assume its a lot easier to provision for a tiny torch than a fireball...

That beings said its also a lot easier to mask and build street/temple facades out of fire resistant materials then dark forest like caves.....

That makes sense, but I guess i just assume its a lot easier to provision for a tiny torch than a fireball...

That beings said its also a lot easier to mask and build street/temple facades out of fire resistant materials then dark forest like caves.....

Keep in mind that is a flash of fire. This fire would have to be going the entire time the ride is going. That is probably a little different when it comes to ventilation and things like that. I also wonder since it is the opening scene and the doors will be opening and closing if wind and the door opening and closing made them go with non-real fire. There could be a million and one reasons. But fake fires could look real if done right. So not really a big deal.

Seems to me an odd choice to have real fire on the pillars just outside the gates and then faux fire just inside the gates in the same line of vision. Would have to be very convincing.

Keep in mind that is a flash of fire. This fire would have to be going the entire time the ride is going. That is probably a little different when it comes to ventilation and things like that. I also wonder since it is the opening scene and the doors will be opening and closing if wind and the door opening and closing made them go with non-real fire. There could be a million and one reasons. But fake fires could look real if done right. So not really a big deal.

Not nessacarily. It could be a flame that only ignites when a vehicle is about to enter, or for a storytelling element.

For example, the vehicle enters and a torch is lit but as we pass a skeleton of a giant Ape wear hear unseen Natives whispering chants that echo and the flame(s) blow out.

From an operational standpoint, this would not be too unlike the fire bits in Great Movie Ride's Radiers of the Lost Ark scene.
Just thinking in text.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
Its so weird. I am hearing stronger rumors that human driver/spieling actor was not happening, yet every general attractions application for Reign of Kong has stated that you should be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and utilizing props(steering wheel comes to mind) but who knows, this is very curious.

Last edited:
They have finally planted next to thunder falls. It is virtually hidden now. The island up back has been planted too.

I believe this is another case of repeating. Hah, anyways.

With all of the greenery seemingly in place now; it makes it very much a unique element of Imersion, that I can't wait to see unveiled fully for when the walls come down. And, I do think the walls will come down, as now; i'm placing the bet that it will soft in April.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I believe this is another case of repeating. Hah, anyways.

With all of the greenery seemingly in place now; it makes it very much a unique element of Imersion, that I can't wait to see unveiled fully for when the walls come down. And, I do think the walls will come down, as now; i'm placing the bet that it will soft in April.
April sounds a bit too soon, May seems more likely IMO

April sounds a bit too soon, May seems more likely IMO

Either way; I think it will be a June opening, but I think that you have some sort of possibility to test out the attraction to the public as a means of the line, the ride vehicle, and how the attraction handles in terms of intensity.

Has Universal ever softed an attraction prior to announcing an official open date?

No; but with the Face/Off Finale late this month, I could see anything possible; as Universal is going much faster in terms of working this attraction than anything else.