Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seeing more stuff like this makes me think we might be getting an opening day announcement soon.

Well I'd say this pretty much confirms the vip preview date of June 23rd. If you go to the sweepstakes site and read through the rules. Part 7 prize conditions/restrictions say trip must be taken between June 22nd June 25th. Unless changed by trip provider. Which I guess allows them to be flexible due to any delays. Now my only question is, not knowing a lot about the soft opening of new rides. What is the likelihood that I would stumble upon one during the week of June 12 - 18th. Which would be right before the vip event.

It will still softs in early May. For softs, it will run with 3 vehicles only. Shouldn't be bad at all.
Welcome back Teebin, hope everything is well.

This just means I'll spend a few weekends at universal which I despise doing due to wait times, but it will be worth it.

Reactions: Mike S
Well I'd say this pretty much confirms the vip preview date of June 23rd. If you go to the sweepstakes site and read through the rules. Part 7 prize conditions/restrictions say trip must be taken between June 22nd June 25th. Unless changed by trip provider. Which I guess allows them to be flexible due to any delays. Now my only question is, not knowing a lot about the soft opening of new rides. What is the likelihood that I would stumble upon one during the week of June 12 - 18th. Which would be right before the vip event.
Pretty much 95% chance. :)

Reactions: wrxdsa and Mike S
So we pretty much know the tentative grand opening date. Interesting how it's still unannounced (though obvious thanks to VIP events). Maybe learning from Disney's mistakes?

Reactions: Scott W.
I for one don't buy any date speculation till we see these RVs looping for at least a few hours continuously.

Hopefully they are already doing it during closed hours or using the inside track??

This is what I am thinking, just because we haven't seen continuous testing doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It could well have been looping inside all day long for all we know, we can't see what's happening at night either.

I have the utmost confidence that Uni learnt a lot from Gringotts debacle, they will also revel in the chance to one up Disney and ROL.

Last edited:
Right now, I feel good to say you'll ride it.

It will still softs in early May. For softs, it will run with 3 vehicles only. Shouldn't be bad at all.

I will be in town May 1 through 14 so this is great news for me. I was disappointed that I wont get to see ROL at AKL due to delays, Kong softs would more than make up for it, who needs Disney.

Thanks for the info guys and glad to have you back Teebs, hope you're feeling well.

So we pretty much know the tentative grand opening date. Interesting how it's still unannounced (though obvious thanks to VIP events). Maybe learning from Disney's mistakes?

Without a doubt, Disney took some bad PR with with the delay of ROL and with a reputation for being soooo sloooooow when it come to construction. Uni must be chomping at the bit to get Kong open and show them how its done properly.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Yeah, I don't think Universal wants another Gringotts situation. They'll open Kong up early to get plenty of soft openings to make sure it's running smooth for the official opening. They just did the same with FJ & Hogsmeade , soft opening for around 7 weeks before the official. The softs help make everything cleaner.

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB
We come to Orlando May 13th - 28th. Disappointing that we are probably going to miss out on Mako, Hulk and Cobra's Curse, but what % chance do you guys reckon we have of riding Kong?