Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be there the last week of April. Really hoping for a miracle soft opening, but at least we'll have fun in the Harry Potter areas. This will be our first time to Universal Orlando.

I think you have a chance albeit a slim one but there is still hope imo.

Reactions: Mike S
I have Discovery Cove tickets for June 7th, and am trying to get out of them but not going well, my question is is I have to keep that date will Kong be open to guests around that time. We were gonna go Jun 2-8 but can move hotel just not dolphin thing on June 7th, and can go Jun 6th-12 or 13th which may give us a better chance right before media days. Thoughts? Thanks

I'll be there the last week of April. Really hoping for a miracle soft opening, but at least we'll have fun in the Harry Potter areas. This will be our first time to Universal Orlando.

It's possible. Good luck. You know where to find out if you'll be able to ride. ;)

I have Discovery Cove tickets for June 7th, and am trying to get out of them but not going well, my question is is I have to keep that date will Kong be open to guests around that time. We were gonna go Jun 2-8 but can move hotel just not dolphin thing on June 7th, and can go Jun 6th-12 or 13th which may give us a better chance right before media days. Thoughts? Thanks

Typically once it opens for softs the first day may only be a couple hours. As the days go on it is open more and more and eventually becomes pretty consistent other than break downs. Usually at some point it is open every day except for exec walk thru, filming, VIP events, media events, etc. So I imagine any time in the beginning of June should be OK since the rumors are softs starting in May. But again that can change at any time based on how testing is going. So you just never know and no one on here really knows exact dates and if they do, they are not going to say anything.

Reactions: Ryno27
So i'm going to be at Universal June 20-23. Any chance Skull Island will be open or at least a soft opening during that time?

Im kinda new to this stuff, what exactly is that whole media thing supposed to be?

In a way; its a time where some of the largest media outlets come out to the parks for a premiere of their new attraction, show, or area altogether. Many major theme parks have done it, with Universal Hollywood being an example of Media Previews from a few days back.

This has drawn my attention. So, there has been a leak of the Kong AA that's flown around..And for those trying to post it here, please DON'T.

In a way; its a time where some of the largest media outlets come out to the parks for a premiere of their new attraction, show, or area altogether. Many major theme parks have done it, with Universal Hollywood being an example of Media Previews from a few days back.

This has drawn my attention. So, there has been a leak of the Kong AA that's flown around..And for those trying to post it here, please DON'T.
You mean this one?
400494_110705142147_2010-07-05TOAa_(69).JPG