Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do not discuss the contents of the leak, please.

Trust me when I say; i'm not talking about what could (or could not) be the leak. I myself haven't seen the pic, as I am more going off by the original King Kong broadway version that premiered a few years back, as the puppet seems to be made by the same company.

Reactions: Mike S
Trust me when I say; i'm not talking about what could (or could not) be the leak. I myself haven't seen the pic, as I am more going off by the original King Kong broadway version that premiered a few years back, as the puppet seems to be made by the same company.
I don't think BriMan was talking about your previous post. There was another post or two that he deleted. I would guess those are the ones he was referring to. :)

All I will say is that the Kong from the old, burned down USH animation was 30 feet tall. I believe the Kongfrontation AAs were just about the same size, if not a tad smaller.

All I will say is that the Kong from the old, burned down USH animation was 30 feet tall. I believe the Kongfrontation AAs were just about the same size, if not a tad smaller.

I can't speak to the exact size of the Kongfrontation AAs, but the staging of the final scene certainly made him look absolutely MASSIVE, and certainly appeared to be bigger than the one on the old Hollywood tour. Being up in the air at chest and face level with him probably played a part in that.

kongfrontation07s.jpg

To this day, I still regard this as one of the best finale moments in any ride ever. Experiencing it as a 6-year-old was a monumentally intense experience that was seared into my psyche forever.

Of course Reign of Kong will be a totally different kind of thing, but for me, it's got a lot to live up to!

I don't get why anyone wants to see the leaks.
We've been speculating for well over a year now. Why spoil the fun? Just wait. Then you can actually experience the AA first hand.

Or, for those in other reigions of the world with no planned Orlando vacation in the distant future: via YouTube. :lol:

Reactions: Ryno27
Yeah but then you can just wait until YouTube. I don't get why someone would go around leaking pictures and taking the fun out of everything.

...uhhhh I think there's a miscommunication here. The joke being that when the ride opens, others far away from Orlando can experience it via YouTube as is a popular thing. In no way do I condone the AA leaks. :)

(haven't seen it and won't look for it for the record)

I honestly never expected the Kong AA to be that large because of how his size was represented in the 2005 film. In the Peter Jackson remake, he was scaled at about 25 feet, while previous films had him ranging 40 to 60 feet. Kongfrontation was likely based on those, so I would imagine any AA for Reign of Kong to be closer to 25 feet if they were to show him in full. Otherwise, they can get away with showing half or even less.

In comparison, the Yeti AA (or static figure now) is 25 feet.

Reactions: Ryno27