Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On Everest it feels like you're about to collide with the yeti, until you dip down, which makes it a bit more intimidating IMO. Also Dinosaur is just a lame ride IMO, half of it is just being thrown around in the dark with annoyingly loud sound effects. It's not very effective.

You had to see the Yeti running at 100% to really appreciate how great of a finale it could of been.
The last time i was on it the strobe light was so brief it was very disappointing.
Now its like having Ferrari and leaving it in the driveway....

Completely agree on Dinosaur though, but I still enjoy it. But they relied so much on darkness when they cut the budget.

That's why Indy in Disneyland is so much better. So much of that ride is illuminated to a degree.

Came to watch RV testing today from camp Jurassic. They started at 10am with an announcement followed by 30 seconds or so of Bob Marley's "One Love" over the PA system lol, they ran 2 trucks 12 minutes apart, same vehicle number, no canvas, no driver, not even a white air tank like we've seen before in the cab of the truck. 45 mins later, no more trucks.

Came to watch RV testing today from camp Jurassic. They started at 10am with an announcement followed by 30 seconds or so of Bob Marley's "One Love" over the PA system lol, they ran 2 trucks 12 minutes apart, same vehicle number, no canvas, no driver, not even a white air tank like we've seen before in the cab of the truck. 45 mins later, no more trucks.

The vehicle PA systems? Or background audio throughout the facade/queue?

Bob Marley confirmed BGM for Skull Island :lmao:

Who knew Kong was Rastafarian? Wonder if he has any embarrassing high school photos where he wore dreads and a beanie
And he's probably now eating Jamaican Jerk Chicken (from the very good Bob Marley's Citi Walk restaurant/bar) and dancing to his favorite Reggae tunes, instead of dining on sacrificial victims.:)

Reactions: Mike S and Cole
You had to see the Yeti running at 100% to really appreciate how great of a finale it could of been.
The last time i was on it the strobe light was so brief it was very disappointing.
Now its like having Ferrari and leaving it in the driveway....

Completely agree on Dinosaur though, but I still enjoy it. But they relied so much on darkness when they cut the budget.

I rode Everest many times when the Yeti was running at 100% and honestly I don't really notice THAT much of a difference from a 'story' standpoint with disco Yeti. Sure, the hand coming down at you while you go by was 'cool' but it wasn't an OMG moment. I think the Yeti has always been over hyped and miss used on that ride, but oh well. I didn't ride the ride to see the Yeti when it opened or now. I ride it because its a fun ride. I firmly believe if the ride was designed with disco Yeti from the beginning we would still have a fantastic ride and no one would comment on it.

Now Dinosaur in its current state is still an ok ride but not nearly as good as it was. Countdown to Extinction was a MUCH better ride and the story/action fit the scenes much better. The toning down of the ride hurt the overall experience because there is nothing to distract you during the overall slower paced ride. It wasn't budget cuts that killed the ride, it was too many screaming kids/parents and one horrible movie to tie into for synergy. Alien Encounter anyone?

Back on topic...the Yeti was always stated to be the 'largest' animatronic. What about the original Kong animatronic's? Those were huge and didn't seem to have issues. Sure they didn't move 'fast' but they still moved pretty well from what I remember. Will the new Kong animatronic be more about scale or articulation? I am hoping for a more articulate close encounter than a 'oh look how big I am' encounter. I would love to have a fully articulated face and shoulders be leaning in close to the vehicle while the rest of the body is hidden by the set. I hope its not a full body figure.

Reactions: Ryan and Ryno27
Honestly, the length and context of the scene is going to be more important for me than either Kong's size or his movement/articulation. I'm not saying I need to spend a minute with him, or something, but I hope we don't just buzz by him on the way to the unload station!
Oh yeah, I agree with that completely.

Reactions: Mike S
Honestly, the length and context of the scene is going to be more important for me than either Kong's size or his movement/articulation. I'm not saying I need to spend a minute with him, or something, but I hope we don't just buzz by him on the way to the unload station!
This rides going to be six mins longs so I'm sure it'll be plenty of massive incounters with the beast himself

Reactions: Ryno27
This rides going to be six mins longs so I'm sure it'll be plenty of massive incounters with the beast himself
Through screens? Yes
In person? One time
Whatever Ive always seen the AA as a giant plus. They really didn't have to go that extra mile yet they did and I'm sure it makes all the difference. Not expecting it to be "rocket powered but pretty dang cool none the less

Through screens? Yes
In person? One time
Whatever Ive always seen the AA as a giant plus. They really didn't have to go that extra mile yet they did and I'm sure it makes all the difference. Not expecting it to be "rocket powered but pretty dang cool none the less

I hope it's not rocket powered. The last bozos to try to give their AA power now have a fancy coat rack on their hands.

I'm really curious how the AA will work into the story of the ride.

After the screens where based off what we know Kong probably kicks some Dino ass.

Is he on our side beating his chest proud as we drive off or are we still invaders that he directs his attention to attack next.....:box:

Reactions: Ryno27