Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 400 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not convinced wifi is used for guiding the vehicles, just checking in to the ride control system. Wifi positioning does not have the accuracy needed. I think suggesting the building is a faraday cage, too, is over simplifying things. But I'm working off my knowledge of wifi, wifi positioning accuracy, and the tech used by the vendor.

You are absolutely correct in all of your points here. Just to be clear, it is the RFID that is the most precise reading and anything else is to confirm that it is generally correct. RFID guides the vehicles and seems to be somewhat inherent to the vehicles computers?.!?.? The steel inside was more of an initial conclusion and I never heard about the details or what was finally determined. At this point, I DON'T CARE. It is all so tiresome and scientific.

Reactions: anihilnation
Universal has always been the absolute worst around this time when attractions are about to open. Never announcing an official opening date until last minute, lingering onto softs to the point where it's obnoxious. It's never not torturous for those waiting eagerly. After being told "Kong can open literally any second of any day now" a month ago, it just made it a billion times worse. Just be patient y'all

All this talk of the trackless vehicle has made me question something that I hadn't even considered before.
I'd imagine we're all guessing that the ride will proceed in a forwards momentum around its 'invisible' track. What if it goes in reverse at some point or even does a 3 point turn to escape some form of danger?
Seems unlikely given what we know, but it would sure add a degree of realism and excitement.

Reactions: Ryno27
ADMIN NOTE: THIS THREAD HAS SPOILERS - IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING REGARDING THE SPECIFICS OF THE ATTRACTION, HEAD ON OVER TO THE NON-SPOILER THREAD HERE:

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - NO SPOILERS THREAD | Orlando United Forums

They've started to release media that's flat out in spoiler territory, and it doesn't fit in the other thread.. so it might as well start a new one now.

Exclusive: Sneak peek of Universal Orlando’s Skull Island: Reign of Kong

Long story short.. (Yes, spoilers, turn back now!)

The photos show the queue witch AA, the scareactors, and many of the internal details of the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like seriously.. spoilers.

636004849306092655-001.jpg

My guess is it has to do with the USA Today article that went up.

Edit: Read through the whole twitter exchange. He apparently heard word the walls are down, and tweeted that in hopes to get confirmation.

Last edited:
Just pointing out that testtrack and Brian have both pointedly said over and over again that only an admin would start a spoiler thread, and only after softs have been confirmed to have started.

Would you rather this be posted in the no spoiler thread..? I'm not intentionally stepping on any toes but that didnt seem like a logical solution either.

Status
Not open for further replies.