Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it more...that makes total and complete sense to why we may of not seen an Opening Date yet.
When I was there in May I was told Marketing was making a strong push not to soft open so early. That it would mess up it's selling of packages like the early HP softs in Hollywood did. I mentioned it on this thread when I came back from vacation. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the ads and all, it makes some sense.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Yeah I don't think this is even a possibility. Universal isn't competing with Frozen with Kong. If they were it would be a kids ride.
its not universal comparing it the park guest.Both rides open summer this year both are being run by competing companies.Even if they are nothing alike they will be compared by guest and the one that makes the park more money wins.Also remember people think if a ride has a longer wait then it must be a better ride.

its not universal comparing it the park guest.Both rides open summer this year both are being run by competing companies.Even if they are nothing alike they will be compared by guest and the one that makes the park more money wins.Also remember people think if a ride has a longer wait then it must be a better ride.
But again it has nothing to do with what Universal makes in the future. They fully understand Frozen will probably be a bigger draw due to children. They built this ride scary and understand it isn't appealing to children.

Lol at the comment of Comcast robbing people blind by building screen-based attractions. So what's Disney doing when they build nothing or take 5 years for each one? Welcome, newbs! That Reign of Kong just won't let up.

Whether it be Comcast or Disney, screen attractions are lame to me. With 3D films being something anybody can see at pretty much any theater, there is no real excitement for me when I go to a theme park and I'm treated to a screen on a wall projecting a video game cutscene. Heck now with home Virtual Reality being a thing that works VERY well, it makes these screen attractions even less appealing for me.

If you enjoy them, more power to ya. I just find them super dated and a way for a big corporation to cut down on costs, and then they just let marketing sell it as some kind of cutting edge super modern attraction. Again if you enjoy it, then have fun.

Having said that I'm super hopeful with Kong, and I'm assuming the marketing for the attraction is just super bad and the real ride will be filled with more physical sets, special effects and animatronics.

Reactions: snayberry
Soon as your home VR setup comes with large motions bases, big sets, 4k 60fps screens the size of your house, roller coaster elements, and more let me know. There;s a world of difference between something truly screen only (Shrek 4D), a video game (Toy Story Mania) and something like Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.