Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying, I don't pay an arm and a leg to vacation to Universal Orlando to watch 5 minute video game cutscenes on a wall. Comcast is robbing people blind these days and everyone doesn't even seem to mind all these corners being cut just so long as they're told it's cutting edge new technology. Because ya know a movie theater screen is new technology.

I'm holding off full judgement until I experience the attraction myself, but all that cgi stuff looks super dated and lame. King Kong doesn't even look like a character in the cut scenes, just like some random computer generated gorilla.
All these poor rubes having the time of their lives judging from their reactions but they're obviously stupid and don't know what real theme park entertainment is.

FYI, the Avatar boat ride and Stormtrooper Battle attraction will use similar tech from what I've read. And of course the Avatar flying ride and Millenium Falcon will be totally screen based. If you're going to dump on Comcast for this you might as well give Disney their fair share. Or are they too MAGICal for your criticism?

*I'll end it here mods*

All these poor rubes having the time of their lives judging from their reactions but they're obviously stupid and don't know what real theme park entertainment is.

FYI, the Avatar boat ride and Stormtrooper Battle attraction will use similar tech from what I've read. And of course the Avatar flying ride and Millenium Falcon will be screen based.

Supposedly, the Avatar flying ride will have set pieces around the screen that will move and interact.

Just saying, I don't pay an arm and a leg to vacation to Universal Orlando to watch 5 minute video game cutscenes on a wall. Comcast is robbing people blind these days and everyone doesn't even seem to mind all these corners being cut just so long as they're told it's cutting edge new technology. Because ya know a movie theater screen is new technology.

I'm holding off full judgement until I experience the attraction myself, but all that cgi stuff looks super dated and lame. King Kong doesn't even look like a character in the cut scenes, just like some random computer generated gorilla.

I believe you've already made up your mind.

Supposedly, the Avatar flying ride will have set pieces around the screen that will move and interact.
Even better :)

I find the "screenz" argument funny because a lot of the time there's still plenty of physical sets in the rides that compliment the screens. Only total screen attractions I can think of at Universal are DM, Simpsons, and Shrek.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27

Isn't that what Soarin is though?

But thats fine with me. One less person in line for my multiple rides on this.

Reactions: Mike S

Isn't kong a combination of screen/animatronic and physical sets?
What more could they do?

After reading this thread for the past 5-6 pages, I think I need a drink -

I'm going to address some things because good lord.....

1. Soft opens are not promised or owed with a specific time frame. They can soft open a week before their opening date and that's fine. You may not like it, but that's what it is. A delay in softs does not mean a delay in the ride. They said Summer 2016, with media previews June 23-24. Nothing has changed those 2 dates at this time. Those are the only dates they promised. Hounding them because they didn't meet a "speculative" soft open date is ridiculous.

2. Holding them accountable to open first day of Summer with a time frame of Summer 2016 is also pretty petty, and ridiculous. I don't care what kind of logic you want to make to arrive at that answer, it's stupid.

3. There is no problem with Kong AA, there is no "Big Delay". It's all a matter of getting RV's timed correctly. With a new system, that can take some time. They had original plans for soft opening, Universal wanted something different before they opened so they're working on it now. For all intents and purposes, this is still "on-time".

1. Soft opens are not promised or owed with a specific time frame. They can soft open a week before their opening date and that's fine. You may not like it, but that's what it is. A delay in softs does not mean a delay in the ride. They said Summer 2016, with media previews June 23-24. Nothing has changed those 2 dates at this time. Those are the only dates they promised. Hounding them because they didn't meet a "speculative" soft open date is ridiculous.

2. Holding them accountable to open first day of Summer with a time frame of Summer 2016 is also pretty petty, and ridiculous. I don't care what kind of logic you want to make to arrive atmthat answer, it's stupid.

3. There is no problem with Kong AA, there is no "Big Delay". It's all a matter of getting RV's timed correctly. With a new system, that can take some time. They had original plans for soft opening, Universal wanted something different before they opened so they're working on it now. For all intents and purposes, this is still "on-time".

Well there went a number of the arguments from the last 50 pages right down the tube. Thanks a lot. Sheesh, nothing like spoiling it for the rest of us. ;)

New tech will always cause some issues and any supposed delays still aren't that far off from our supposed deadlines. I have been to parks with rides that had been operational for a number of years that all of sudden developed the hiccups and I couldn't ride it that time. The perfect emoji is right here: :horse:

FYI, the Avatar boat ride and Stormtrooper Battle attraction will use similar tech from what I've read. And of course the Avatar flying ride and Millenium Falcon will be totally screen based. If you're going to dump on Comcast for this you might as well give Disney their fair share. Or are they too MAGICal for your criticism?

*I'll end it here mods*

That Mic drop shook the floor up in Maine.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

2. Holding them accountable to open first day of Summer with a time frame of Summer 2016 is also pretty petty, and ridiculous. I don't care what kind of logic you want to make to arrive atmthat answer, it's stupid.

So... what's new? ;)

They had original plans for soft opening, Universal wanted something different before they opened so they're working on it now. For all intents and purposes, this is still "on-time".

"Wanted something different"? Are you suggesting that they are altering the experience considerably? Does this have something to do with the post that the execs were disappointed and that it wasn't what they expected it to be?

Reactions: martymcflyy85

2. Holding them accountable to open first day of Summer with a time frame of Summer 2016 is also pretty petty, and ridiculous. I don't care what kind of logic you want to make to arrive at that answer, it's stupid.

So, referring to point 3, is that possibly referring to Universal changing some things up in relation to the Comcast/Universal Executives being underwhelmed by a certain aspect of the attraction? Is that the "something different"? :what:

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Status
Not open for further replies.