Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everything looked pretty awesome, small preview though. The narration felt so odd, little corny. still, I'm ecstatic I get to go in December

That's what I'm saying. The narration sounds so fake. A live human would have made it more exciting.

Something I want to point out even as is, with the quality of the video is this.

Kong's movements, look just as smooth as all the previews for it; and that makes me VERY happy on many levels. Especially considering that DAK screwed up their "Kong" so many years ago, it makes me happy to see Universal do that AA right.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
There's a video on YouTube of a short POV of the ride. Kong AA looks ridiculous.
088.jpg

I watched the video, doesn't honestly show much of the new stuff, aside from the Kong AA. We get a shot of the car pulling into the 360 room and a short snippet of a scene that we've seen before form the Hollywood version.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Especially considering that DAK screwed up their "Kong" so many years ago, it makes me happy to see Universal do that AA right.

Yea because Disney pushed the limits and went where no ones gone before. (More than 10 years ago) It looks great but you can't compare the movement of the Yeti when it was running. Now it's on Disco mode. I commend Disney for being ambitious.

Kong looks awesome though.

That would've been awesome. From the video it looks like the AA starts just below the chest and its in a dark room. Can anyone confirm if he's in a jungle setting?
Well with how much focus is on the face if there's a way that the rest is cleverly "hidden" that's fine by me. It's not like incomplete AA bodies of big things haven't been done before (JPRA, Dinosaur, Jaws, Kongfrontation, etc.).

I think someone said before that it's like you're on the edge of a cliff in that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.