Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 626 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah... I don't think Kong can work without 3D. It has scenes where stuff is supposed to be flying through the car. Not having it would take a lot away.

Also, 3D itself isn't a bad thing, it's the overuse of 3D resort-wide. So, no reason to do away with it at Kong. Just have to get more creative with future attractions and replace some of the poorer screen/3D attractions with physical attractions. No reason Kong has to be changed.

Yeah... I don't think Kong can work without 3D. It has scenes where stuff is supposed to be flying through the car. Not having it would take a lot away.

Also, 3D itself isn't a bad thing, it's the overuse of 3D resort-wide. So, no reason to do away with it at Kong. Just have to get more creative with future attractions and replace some of the poorer screen/3D attractions with physical attractions. No reason Kong has to be changed.
I would even argue that 3-D is not the issue at Universal...More so, making the screen the focal point of everything that is happening, and dead stopping in front of it for a long duration

F&F is a good example of the phenomenon with a different type of scene...We are stopped in front of a Musion scene for an ungodly amount of time, and I get the same feeling of "move yo"

Reduction in capacity as a function of cost control.
interesting....sounds like our attendance thread discussion.......especially since Kong almost always has one of the two or three longest lines in the park on a daily basis......I can understand a cut in the F&F attraction though.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It seems like a big deal, but it really depends on how you look at it. More people in the queue means fewer people in other queues. If we're talking a difference of a 30 min wait (which it usually is) then it's a non-problem, IMO. Why have 4 cars running at 30-45 min wait when you can have 3 cars running for 60-75?

It just started raining and thundering in a park with about 4 rides that are open when it's raining and thundering.

And park executives have decided to add TWO open-air coasters within the next two years completely ignoring this issue entirely and essentially making it worse as attendance will increase but indoor attraction capacity will remain the same.

Reactions: tankart150