Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 672 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ready for Kong to be replaced now I think, lol

My feelings also, Alicia. I felt the same when I tested it the other week. Your observations are spot on. I'll probably do it once a vacation, if only for the queue experience. I used to do it 5 or 6 times every vacation. It now suffers from no outside section experience, and the loss of 3D just about kills the attraction. They've really wounded, intentionally, one of my favorite park attractions, in a park with few bad weather choices. It's damning. Sad, that the resort has turned over so many decisions to their 'efficiency people' . Those committees rarely serve a good long term service for any company, especially one in which the guest experience is an important factor.

It just feels beyond clear all resources are going towards funding and prepping Epic Universe. Cutting costs here and there to help. Dont like this trend at all.

This is such a prime spot of land, feels crazy saying this for a ride less than 10 years old, but the space available here is so premium I hope they just add a Jurassic attraction here at this point

Honestly didn’t think the first 2 scenes were too bad, not as good as with 3D though. But that 360 scene is awful. Without glasses being able to see the motion base barrier, ceiling, and no door to the next scene resulting in a black box, half the room feels like i’m in the jungle while the other half screams empty warehouse.

What you have to realize is that the majority of people critiquing this change are the sommeliers of theme park rides (well, it makes the analogy work) when 99% of wine drinkers do it just to get drunk.
Been here since the IoA Central days. This may be the single greatest piece of writing ever to appear on this site. :cheers:

It makes sense to ponder why Universal is buying land and building all these new experiences if they can't maintain a minimum level of service at their current resorts; cutting back on ops because of the new theme park says the opposite of doing well.
Being intentionally vague. My favorite homily from the 80s: life is what happens when you're making other plans.

I would like to make my formal complaint with Universal guest services about not liking this removal of 3d. I also want to give them a list of all the recent things they’ve taken away for cost cutting to show it’s not just a problem with this ride. What am I missing in this list?

Removal of 3D from Kong and Minions

Closing Poseidons Fury much earlier than needed

Closing the back part of studios until 10am instead of opening with the park

Removing the option to get merch sent to the front of the park.

Cutting out the pins for AP’s

Removing the street actors in Port of Entry and didn’t they also remove the street dancers in Studios?

Raising the price of AP’s so much and sometimes raising it twice in one year.

What else am I missing? Not sure if I should include stuff like the outside portion being down for so long or when the Ultrasaur was missing forever from JP.

I know it’s a drop in the bucket but we all need to complain to guest services if we hope to see a change.

I would like to make my formal complaint with Universal guest services about not liking this removal of 3d. I also want to give them a list of all the recent things they’ve taken away for cost cutting to show it’s not just a problem with this ride. What am I missing in this list?

Removing the street actors in Port of Entry and didn’t they also remove the street dancers in Studios?

What else am I missing? Not sure if I should include stuff like the outside portion being down for so long or when the Ultrasaur was missing forever from JP.

I know it’s a drop in the bucket but we all need to complain to guest services if we hope to see a change.
Instead of doing all this at once, how about doing one factor each time you visit the park. Seems like that would seem more effective. Of course, that's taking into consideration that others are making a formal complaint also......Myself, since they didn't survey at Kong, I made sure I voiced my displeasure when they sent me an email survey after my vacation.

Just wanted to correct a couple of things:

It's been explained that the building got hit pretty hard during Hurricane Ian and forced their hand on an early closure.

Unfortunately. there wasn't a lot of demand for off-site guests. You can still have merch sent to your hotel, or set up a home delivery.

Don't include things like the Ultrasaur being missing. Sometimes they need to remove the animatronics to fix them, they have no other choice. That's just how maintenance at theme parks works. Happens with rides at Disney all the time too.

Reactions: Brian G.

It's been explained that the building got hit pretty hard during Hurricane Ian and forced their hand on an early closure.

Unfortunately. there wasn't a lot of demand for off-site guests. You can still have merch sent to your hotel, or set up a home delivery.
Don't include things like the Ultrasaur being missing. Sometimes they need to remove the animatronics to fix them, they have no other choice. That's just how maintenance at theme parks works. Happens with rides at Disney all the time too.
I get what you guys are saying but it’s not like the feedback goes directly to the mechanics or decision-makers…it’s not going to hurt anyone’s feelings if you complain about stuff that’s impacting your experience (regardless of whether or not it’s controlled).

VoC work relies on all the data so that it can be cross-referenced with other metrics. There’s a reason the UO survey at the exit of the park asks about how weather impacted your experience…they also can’t control that, but your answer might inform how you responded to another controllable factor or how they need to pivot an operational change (i.e., not correlating a dip in overall satisfaction scores with an investment they made in crowd control when that dip can be attributed to bad weather the same day).

As paying guests, we owe it to Universal to not feel the need to “protect” them (for lack of a better word).

I get what you guys are saying but it’s not like the feedback goes directly to the mechanics or decision-makers…it’s not going to hurt anyone’s feelings if you complain about stuff that’s impacting your experience (regardless of whether or not it’s controlled).

VoC work relies on all the data so that it can be cross-referenced with other metrics. There’s a reason the UO survey at the exit of the park asks about how weather impacted your experience…they also can’t control that, but your answer might inform how you responded to another controllable factor or how they need to pivot an operational change (i.e., not correlating a dip in overall satisfaction scores with an investment they made in crowd control when that dip can be attributed to bad weather the same day).

As paying guests, we owe it to Universal to not feel the need to “protect” them (for lack of a better word).

Don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to discourage him from doing so; just trying to add a little clarity. As someone who used to work in the complaint department for a major travel company, I know what they tend to usually pay a bit more attention to.

Disney stopped doing merch to rooms after COVID as well. Surprised Uni still offers it.

Reactions: Nico

Could include Sinbad, which guests are still led through, what in the bad show?

Fear Factor stage abandoned most of the year… isn’t there another stage in Islands abandoned?

Could just throw in Fast and Furious for fun.

Removal of 3D on minions.