Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Wait...that one article says no animatronics...?

Here's the quote in full, though I bolded a particular section.

"Technology comes into play with 3D imagery, but West said the animatronics and advanced puppetry used in the theme park's Halloween haunted houses are not part of this attraction."

In a way, that article is probably true. Kong will not use animatronics/puppetry that is used in Halloween Horror Nights. The AA's Kong will use are quite different, and a whole lot bigger.

I doubt I will manage to be able to go to the opening, but I do intend to be there for Sept next year !

Longest ride in the park? What is currently the longest ride? MIB? Gringotts? HE? FJ? JPRA? I know Disaster is the longest attraction time wise but the ride portion is rather short.

Yes, that is what I am referring to. That only says crew members with no mention of live.

Would you expect them to promote this by saying "and a fake ape and fake creatures and fake everything!"

When I worked for Universal, we were also called crew members (Transformers), so it is an odd, possibly misleading quote.

Just because we see a live crew member in the cab at the loading platform doesn't mean that the crew member is driving. Heck, it doesn't even mean they're in the cab when we leave the loading platform.

If there is an abduction from the cab, you could have the abduction be a illusion/film segment and then see the crew member that was "driving" as a live actor in a later scene.

Natives in the queue, could they possibly be AAs in the outdoor portion too? Apparently Doc from face off worked on this ride, maybe he sculpted the disgusting faces on those natives. Too perfect

Longest ride in the park? What is currently the longest ride? MIB? Gringotts? HE? FJ? JPRA? I know Disaster is the longest attraction time wise but the ride portion is rather short.
Pure rides. Times from Seth's book, Universal Orlando (plug here for you Seth)...FJ apx. 4 minutes, JP River 5 minutes, Dudley 6 minutes, Popeye 5 minutes, Spiderman 4-5 minutes, MIB 4 minutes, Simpsons 4-5 minutes, Mummy 4 minutes, ET 5 minutes...Last summer Seth timed Gringott's at apx. 4 minutes....So it looks like Dudley's 6 minutes is the longest pure ride, not counting the shows & show/ride combos.

Last edited:
Yes, that is what I am referring to. That only says crew members with no mention of live.

Would you expect them to promote this by saying "and a fake ape and fake creatures and fake everything!"

Of...course not? But assume for a moment the ride will use live crew members. It would be completely redundant to say "live crew members" in the article.

I love this absolute contradiction from West:

But not so thrilling that it will traumatize young children, he said. “It was conceived for the whole family. Kids will be in awe.” Minimum height will be 34 inches, which will allow many 2- and 3-year-olds to ride.

Um, this ride is designed to unnerve adults but not 2 and 3 year olds??? Kinda like Jaws and Terminator???