Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Okay, the "no animatronics" thing quoted in that article is a clear misunderstanding/bad question/answer wording.
I think the key is that the question was worded "...like HHN?". Kong will not be like HHN. Kong will be an extraordinary AA that will blow people's minds.

Amazing anouncement! The only thing that would kill this for me is if there ends up not being a giant animatronic Kong. Didn't Hate say originally, forever ago that there would be two cars to the truck, similar to the backlot trams? Maybe that is where they are getting the 72 seat count from...?

If this was Disney, the "state of the art animatronics" would be in the first few sentences of the press release. Not sure why Universal would want to "hide" this fact. Maybe in a later press release

Amazing anouncement! The only thing that would kill this for me is if there ends up not being a giant animatronic Kong. Didn't Hate say originally, forever ago that there would be two cars to the truck, similar to the backlot trams? Maybe that is where they are getting the 72 seat count from...?

That was based on very old plans. The plans changed drastically since.

This quote also killed my excitement:

"Technology comes into play with 3D imagery, but West said the animatronics and advanced puppetry used in the theme park's Halloween haunted houses are not part of this attraction."

Umm.. so is this another Transformers where we swore up and down there'd be an animatronic in it somewhere only to find out no.. no there isn't?

"Technology comes into play with 3D imagery, but West said the animatronics and advanced puppetry used in the theme park's Halloween haunted houses are not part of this attraction."

Umm.. so is this another Transformers where we swore up and down there'd be an animatronic in it somewhere only to find out no.. no there isn't?

I read it as them saying that the animatronics they will be using are more advanced than HHN and according to others here that is the case.

As far as live vs. dead guides go, I am picturing that we see a silhouetter or maybe even a musion driver and there is a pre-recorded spiel playing back to us. That would still allow the quote about there being crew members bringing us through the ride to be true. Sort of like Zed's voice guiding you through MIB but with an effect so that it actually looks like there is a person there with us.

Until I see video of how that question was asked, I'm assuming West was answering whether or not there would be animatronics and puppets we see in HHN houses, not animatronics in general.

Unless EVERYONE was wrong, which seems really unlikely, there's gonna be AAs

I really hope there will be a fake driver who does get killed mid ride. Musion wouldnt work in the outdoor scene.

I love the local hostile queue villagers idea. I used to enclose my entrances on RCT3 and put the moving Anamatronic Indian Villagers in the queue with. Hoping for something similar!

Also, I think Universal missed the ball with this one. If this is indoor outdoor, this is yet another attraction that must shut down in inclement whether I assume?
My really one and only knock about IOA.

I love the local hostile queue villagers idea. I used to enclose my entrances on RCT3 and put the moving Anamatronic Indian Villagers in the queue with. Hoping for something similar!

Also, I think Universal missed the ball with this one. If this is indoor outdoor, this is yet another attraction that must shut down in inclement whether I assume?
My really one and only knock about IOA.

Supposedly they have a plan B track path for inclimate weather that will keep the ride vehicle indoors.

This brings up the question, how are they going to pull off the villagers effect in inclement weather?