Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This has probably already been posted but it was new to me. I'm selfish like that. I was playing around with Google Maps tonight and noticed an updated aerial that shows the Kong building. I looked at this earlier today and it wasn't updated. I got on the site tonight to show DW where the new hotel and waterpark were located. Anyway.

Do we yet know the ride track/circuit layout as it goes through the outdoor section and the show building?

^ I remember back at the end of March someone proclaimed that they were moving so fast on this rockwork they will probably be done by the end of April. I replied that they will be lucky if they are done by August. Now I wonder if they will hit the deadline of November. (there is a funny story that goes with that month)

Reactions: Andy
Pics from Saturday:

IMG_6393_zpsdohrr5lw.jpg

IMG_6392_zpskejycy2e.jpg

IMG_6388_zpsmdoodvbv.jpg

IMG_6387_zpshfwbgmzp.jpg

IMG_6386_zpshcxbsq1q.jpg

IMG_6385_zpsyw8tuedy.jpg

IMG_6383_zpszgwiduio.jpg

IMG_6382_zpsacndklst.jpg

IMG_6381_zpsfwxz9c1a.jpg

IMG_6379_zpsizvdu7i5.jpg

IMG_6378_zps9zi7yqp2.jpg

IMG_6377_zpswsesa8t7.jpg

IMG_6376_zpsqp4zzkm4.jpg

IMG_6375_zpsudyqd3sa.jpg

That facade just keeps growing and growing.

It'll easily give Poseidon's Fury a run for it's money when it's finished It looks amazing in photos, but really gives you chills when you see it in person. Towering and foreboding.

Last edited:
I can't help feeling that some of the interest of the shape, and the detail of the sculpting, is being lost in the total uniformity of colour. There's just such a huge expanse of it. I hope some foliage or the diffusing of well-placed light sources will help to break it up a bit and highlight the details.

I know it's prototypical and all, but still.

Reactions: ChrisFL
I can't help feeling that some of the interest of the shape, and the detail of the sculpting, is being lost in the total uniformity of colour. There's just such a huge expanse of it. I hope some foliage or the diffusing of well-placed light sources will help to break it up a bit and highlight the details.

I know it's prototypical and all, but still.
Once the door is in place along with the trees, I'm sure it'll break things up. However they do that mountainous wall in the back will definitely help I'm sure. I'm quite curious as how that is going to turn out.