Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
from @Dibz987

CNlyKgoUwAAq7yO.jpg

What are those sprockety towers they have installed on the temple? The concept art doesn't show them.

from @Dibz987

CNlyKgoUwAAq7yO.jpg

What are those sprockety towers they have installed on the temple? The concept art doesn't show them.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the tops of the long ladderesqe contraption the natives used to attach, swing and lower Ms. Darrow across the gap during the sacrifice scene. Probably totally off though.

Edit: Alexshow may be right. I looked up photos of the temple during the sacrifice scene and those rods are present on top, with the contraption I was talking about being just lower on the other side.

Last edited:
How long is the kon 360 at Hollywood and how long is the screen part of ours supposed to be?

At best; the 360 portion is a two minute portion. But due to the longer ride besides the 360, it might be possible to expect the entire attraction to clock in for five minutes for This version due to a lot of factors..

At best; the 360 portion is a two minute portion. But due to the longer ride besides the 360, it might be possible to expect the entire attraction to clock in for five minutes for This version due to a lot of factors..
Universal executives are on record as saying this will be the longest attraction in the park. So it will certainly be more than 5 minutes.

How long is the kon 360 at Hollywood and how long is the screen part of ours supposed to be?

I don't think there will really be any elements of Kong 360 in this version, from what I know about what Teebs has said. He's said that the rides 3D elements should practically merge in with the physical sets to make it hard to tell the two apart.

I don't think there will really be any elements of Kong 360 in this version, from what I know about what Teebs has said. He's said that the rides 3D elements should practically merge in with the physical sets to make it hard to tell the two apart.

Teebin also said that the 360 room in this attraction will be extremely similar to the Hollywood film (excluding some certain elements..)

Reactions: Stitch_101

No no no no no... I said there are a lot of big wonderful sets with two smaller screens built into them at a separate places. The near end is a mega huge screen surrounding both sides of the vehicle, just like 360. As the vehicles are shorter than three Hollywood trams, I can only imagine that the screens aren't quite as long as Hollywood as that would be a waste.

Forgive me older members... we have so many newer members here that I figured I will once again show everyone the ride tech being employed for this attraction. Oh, and for even the older members, I have since discovered that the Kong vehicles will have crab steering too! Enjoy!

I call it, "Look Ma, no hands!":

Surely each vehicle won't be powered by a diesel engine, right? I'm guessing these will be electrically powered RVs?

The two wooden spikes on top of the temple are in the movie. They are two huge wooden posts that the islanders bang to make noise to atract Kong!

Reactions: Cole
That's great to hear about the size of the screens, with how long they were in 360 it was hard to focus on one thing while in the back or something. This seems like it'll be a perfect fit. Also didn't they say the ride was 7 minutes? That's ridiculous if so

That's great to hear about the size of the screens, with how long they were in 360 it was hard to focus on one thing while in the back or something. This seems like it'll be a perfect fit. Also didn't they say the ride was 7 minutes? That's ridiculous if so
Universal exec. said it would be the longest ride in the parks, but they didn't give a time. So if you look at the ride times of the other attractions it would be at least 7-8 minutes and perhaps longer.