Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One minute probably... I am just guessing that they counting in load and unload to pace the vehicles for each scene. That load combined with the outside will balance with the the longer other scenes inside. But that is just a guess.
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was guessing too. But, your guesses are worth a whole lot more than my guesses. :)

After SLoP the next big IoA project needs to be a Lost Continent replacement.
FIX...THE....DRAGONS!!!! I was just thinking last night of what could fix the dueling problem and I think I have a solution anyone chime in if you see an issue. What if they installed nets at the near miss parts of the ride. Meaning some sort of structure holding up netting in between the two trains to catch debris coming from either way??

Reactions: Ryno27
FIX...THE....DRAGONS!!!! I was just thinking last night of what could fix the dueling problem and I think I have a solution anyone chime in if you see an issue. What if they installed nets at the near miss parts of the ride. Meaning some sort of structure holding up netting in between the two trains to catch debris coming from either way??
Just remembered dragon challenge was no longer part of lost continent but still lol.

A few things give me real pause about this attraction.

The ride vehicles and the extended queue will have views of each other. Imagine being on this vehicle and part way into the ride you can look over and see all the people waiting in the queue.

Riding the vehicle, one will be able to turn their head back over their right shoulder and see the temple entirely just outside of load. Talk about blowing the gig.

Finally, that tiny hole behind the gates which the vehicle enters into. Why didn't they make the hole at least half the height of the doors? Right now, when the doors open, I think it looks really silly and inadequate.

Phew... I have been itching to say this for some time...
I've had that exact same worry about ride/queue for awhile now as well.

A few things give me real pause about this attraction.

The ride vehicles and the extended queue will have views of each other. Imagine being on this vehicle and part way into the ride you can look over and see all the people waiting in the queue.

Riding the vehicle, one will be able to turn their head back over their right shoulder and see the temple entirely just outside of load. Talk about blowing the gig.

Finally, that tiny hole behind the gates which the vehicle enters into. Why didn't they make the hole at least half the height of the doors? Right now, when the doors open, I think it looks really silly and inadequate.

Phew... I have been itching to say this for some time...

I think you might be overthinking here a little, Teebs.
I can imagine being in the trucks driving past the extended queue guests and thinking only about what's about to happen inside the giant doors ahead of me. I feel this drive-up scene is very sacrificial, if you will and I think it's great to be able to view it from both sides. Being in the queue I think it will build a great amount of excitement and anticipation. Being able to see part of your ride experience (and presumably the tamest part) in my opinion is awesome, plus you have plenty more indoor queue to take your mind off of it.

As for the drive-in hole, the same thought occurred to me as well but you wouldn't get the beautiful glowing face on the doors at night without a background reflecting the red light. And since the doors only open momentarily, who cares?

So, were they filming something last night? Anyone from operations know if there was anyone famous on property yesterday? Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to post publicly. :)

Yesterday they were building an open bamboo framework to the right of the doors looking at the load. It will probably be some screening. I think they will cover the netting with enough that it screens the queue. It looks like a wall of plants could go on it.

I could have sworn I heard they were filming an episode of Face/Off here...but maybe it is for the webisodes Universal is doing
On the first episode of this season McKenzie stated that the contestants would be "visiting Skull Island". They just announced Episode 12 with the title "Skull Island: Reign of Kong", a name that matches the attraction, not the movie.

I see it as a compliment of what many Themed Design books have referred to as Kinetic Energy. There is something moving and as others have mentioned, they are going to want to know what experience is around the corner/inside.

An example other than the Jungle Cruise one already given would be Jaws. Is there anyone who did not love that waterfront view and the lighthouse signifying the turn that the boats were taking to wonder what was on the other side?

I see it as a compliment of what many Themed Design books have referred to as Kinetic Energy. There is something moving and as others have mentioned, they are going to want to know what experience is around the corner/inside.

An example other than the Jungle Cruise one already given would be Jaws. Is there anyone who did not love that waterfront view and the lighthouse signifying the turn that the boats were taking to wonder what was on the other side?

Exactly. Not to mention things like Splash Mountain or Jurassic Park splash downs. Does revealing the climax of the ride hurt it? No.

I almost just wish they would've used the plot to expand JP and done Kong in park 3, where it could've had more space to breathe.

To me, it's not about the fact that you can see the queue, but how tight everything is - including the outside track.