Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 277 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
reaganx.jpg

"Mr. Woodbury, tear down this wall!"

Hopefully they can come down without David Hasselhoff getting involved.

Well I think it's time to post this.

As guests look to OU for more information regarding Kong they wonder if it'll be open during their visits. From May till June Kong will be in Soft Opening.

Soft Opening is like a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational. Some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to grand opening.

Also Soft Opening is not a guarantee the ride will be opening. Kong might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes.

To know if Kong is soft opening for the day please follow @orlando_united on Twitter (also good is @parkscope and @touringplans).

Good luck and let the odds be in your favor.

i'm still kind of new to the whole soft opening thing. are they only gonna do it until the beginning of june and then have it closed for a few weeks before it fully opens? or is it something they do right up until the grand opening?

So does "from May until June" mean that it will not be open in June? I will be there mid-June and I would like to plan for it if I could.

Like it was stated up above, there's no real way of knowing. Soft open schedules are constantly in flux based on any issues or changes that need to be made as softs progress. There is a good chance it will be open, however there is know real 100% way of knowing in advance. Keep up with the twitter accounts Testtrack posted to know for sure on the day you are there.

So for those of you really locked in to avoiding spoilers, the question is....

Would you rather get on this ride during softs where everything is possibly not fully functional for your first time.

Or when it officially opens and is fully functional?

I'm curious

Reactions: Ryno27
So for those of you really locked in to avoiding spoilers, the question is....

Would you rather get on this ride during softs where everything is possibly not fully functional for your first time.

I'm curious

I'd argued you're never sure something is going to be fully functional, whether it be softs or officially open.

I almost always wait 3-4 months... even when I lived 15 minutes away. While estops are fascinating on youtube, I would be livid if it happened to me the first time. Livid at the circumstance and not the park.

Reactions: Jon84 and Ryno27
I'd argued you're never sure something is going to be fully functional, whether it be softs or officially open.

That's a great way of looking at it. Like live theater, things can always change.

I would even go as far to say as by waiting you at times are potentially going to miss some neato ambitions that did not work out. Its amazing how quickly things can alter. I recall visiting Diagon Alley a few times during Softs and a week and a half after grand opening visiting again, and even the raining umbrella was altered.

Come on JungleSkip, your adding gray to my black and white question haha

I almost always wait 3-4 months... even when I lived 15 minutes away. While estops are fascinating on youtube, I would be livid if it happened to me the first time. Livid at the circumstance and not the park.

I applaud your ability to withhold haha
That being said Teebin, are you team "spoil and YouTube this to the face as fast as possible"
Considering you already know more than most apes here...

Reactions: Ryno27
I won't watch YouTube and I will attempt to go in May sometime. Crowds are less in May and also less in general for a soft opening as long as it is not a weekend or the very first couple days of softs.

I just got home from IOA, and I'm gonna go against the grain and say I think we got another week, at least, until actual softs start, maybe/probably longer. Until I see the gates open and close while they test vehicles... Until I hear sound coming from the RV speakers... Until I see any type of movement from the AA "drivers", I'm guessing (hoping) they won't let guests on.

I want to ride when it's ready. Not when a screen or two, or a vital sound cue, doesn't fire. Now, that said, I will of course be first in line when softs start, for better or worse.

But the walls are still up. There's landscaping crew all over the site digging and adding things, and I haven't seen a vehicle test yet where the temple gates open and close. (Unless I missed one on YT, which is possible.) The gates are my indicator. When I see that working, I'm going to assume we're getting closer.

Having said all that, I will say... they were playing new Skull Island music by the Mess Tent and I almost teared up it was so beautiful.

I've alway been on the same page as you AliciaStella.

Not seeing the vehicles approach the gate with it opening and closing hold my excitement 10 fold.

But to the conversation I started. I absolutely would be on team softs as soon as possible. Because I've missed out on the small window of cool features of the past that were killed or limited when I actually rode it due to technical difficulties or 'tone down'

Softs are almost the small window where on a good day....you are getting the true ride that was the designers real vision.