Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 470 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The ride looks good but the most exciting parts are the AA bats and the AA Kong. Don't you guys agree?

With all the publicity surrounding the AA having "personality, etc." I guess I expected the AA to look more, I dunno, animated or something. From the videos, the queue AAs look more impressive.

Reactions: Ryno27
Judging only by the Inside The Magic ride thru....not trying to be "that guy" but eh....the Kong AA is impressive but overall...eh.

I agree. The overall ride is ehhh. It looks good but not amazing. I watched a periscope and the guy asked his group that rode what they thought and they said, it's okay.

Last edited:
I'd imagine its hard to tell on video. I know the Kong 360 part is 4k at 60fps which should make it look real. I don't know if the other two screens are 60fps.

Hate to be a downer but boy this looks kind of disappointing. I know this topic is considered a "dead horse" but the over reliance on screens in attractions these days is getting to be crazy. Also disappointed that Kong AA just kind of sits in a diorama for the car to look at without any real interaction going on. I'm sure it's more impressive IRL but was hoping for more.

Last edited:
People judging the ride based on a youtube video shows more about them than the attraction.
While it's unfortunate that I'm not able to ride the attraction myself right at this moment, I'd say a YouTube video is at least a decent representation of what is contained in the ride, no? Of course viewing and feeling are entirely different experiences, but at least for having the knowledge of what an attraction and its ride-length entails, I think it's reasonable to judge those elements based on a YouTube video.

BTW, I am not convinced they had all the switchbacks in place. On the other hand, Seth had to rush to get to load as he was among the first in line so it could have been misleading. It only seemed to slow up in the witch room.

Reactions: Ryno27
While it's unfortunate that I'm not able to ride the attraction myself right at this moment, I'd say a YouTube video is at least a decent representation of what is contained in the ride, no? Of course viewing and feeling are entirely different experiences, but at least for having the knowledge of what an attraction and its ride-length entails, I think it's reasonable to judge those elements based on a YouTube video.
YouTube is an excellent way to base a decision off something you can not experience. Making an observation is a good thing. Passing an observation as a keen concrete biasedness isn't very fitting at all. I appreciate YouTube especially with theme parks. Makes things so much easier to recognize when you do visit somewhere that is unfamiliar.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27