Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 474 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For the record POTC is very impressive..It is very heavily screened tho..The Captain Jack and Davy Jones AA are pretty cool as well
I'm definately not saying it isn't, but over half of the comments are along the lines of "Another Universal simulator, yawn" or "Too many screenz!" and they're acting like Disney never does screens and has no fault and whatever.

Also, I reeeally think we need to slow down with our judgement of the ride. I'd give the ride a good month or so before we start deciding if this ride is a success or failure, good or bad, general resort ranking, etc. As it stands, most of us haven't ridden it and have only seen a single video from the first public technical rehearsal.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
You just told me a bunch of stuff I didn't know. Do you know what part of the scene they want to amend? Entrance, whole thing, Exit?

They want to fix the part on exit since the screen streams blank! After that whole 360 scene is over, you transition into the final scene. That transition has a video screen tunnel which is supposed to have something on it, but it's been blank since the previews.

I'm definately not saying it isn't, but over half of the comments are along the lines of "Another Universal simulator, yawn" or "Too many screenz!" and they're acting like Disney never does screens and has no fault and whatever.

Yes I totally see what you're saying...Disney fans were bashing this ride even before the ride was built so you can't let them get to you too much..I personally can't wait to see the Frozen reviews when they come out

I only watch POVs of rides not in Florida before I ride them since I have no idea when I actually will ride in person. I've seen a POV of Kong 360 but I also knew it would be much different in person. I'm hoping to ride this thing on Sunday if I can go up and make my impressions on it then. So far I really like what I see.

Now, this is just an opinion, from someone who has seen no pictures or videos of Kong, only what has been said here, with that being said, is it possible that, like Drake's latest album, the 2016 Orlando attractions had been overhyped too much and now we're giving what I believe, once the dust settles, will be considered good rides, mixed reviews. Just my honest opinion, but I know opinion is a naughty word in this thread.

Reactions: Fett83

Also, I reeeally think we need to slow down with our judgement of the ride. I'd give the ride a good month or so before we start deciding if this ride is a success or failure, good or bad, general resort ranking, etc. As it stands, most of us haven't ridden it and have only seen a single video from the first public technical rehearsal.
The majority of the ride was made up of physical sets, and the ride vehicles reacted to the scene. I don't think the two are good comparisons, tbh. And, from the vids, the ratio was well balanced and the screens complemented the physical sets.

Last edited:
Oh please. I can handle opinions, but I don't enjoy people acting like Disney is superior to Universal because Disney doesn't do "screenz" when the most praised ride at Shanghai Disneyland right now uses just as many "screenz."
The most praised ride in the entire WDW resort is just a screen. (Soarin)
Sure about that? Pretty sure Tower of Terror would rank much higher

If projection screens are such an issue... Neither Disney or Universal will be impressing anyone over the next few years.

Reactions: 12th Man and Mike S
Can we please stop bringing Disney into every conversation about Universal? I don't know any of the people on this board who are these mythical, dreaded "hypocritical Disney fans." If any of you want to rail against those people, take it to a place where they actually exist instead of cutting them down, straw man-style, in a forum where they can't argue back. I'm also getting weary of the the idea that anybody with criticism of Universal must be some brain-dead fan of Disney who engages in double standards.

For the record, I'm a Disney fan. I'm a Universal fan. It is possible to love both.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but this really irritates me. I'm beginning to understand how those who are tired of the screens debate must feel!

If projection screens are such an issue... Neither Disney or Universal will be impressing anyone over the next few years.
Exactly! I'm not gonna act like screen attractions won't ever get overdone in the future, but it's pretty much impossible to avoid them nowadays, like it or not, from either company.

Reactions: Mike S
Can we please stop bringing Disney into every conversation about Universal? I don't know any of the people on this board who are these mythical, dreaded "hypocritical Disney fans." If any of you want to rail against those people, take it to a place where they actually exist instead of cutting them down, straw man-style, in a forum where they can't argue back. I'm also getting weary of the the idea that anybody with criticism of Universal must be some brain-dead fan of Disney who engages in double standards.

For the record, I'm a Disney fan. I'm a Universal fan. It is possible to love both.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but this really irritates me. I'm beginning to understand how those who are tired of the screens debate must feel!
AMEN