Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 532 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mommy, what's a pixie dust snorter?

Son, that is a pixie dust snorter:

Not trying to be rude, but really! When Frozen opens Universal fans don't call it terrible. They say it looks "cool" and the AAs are "spectacular". But sometimes people get high on pixie dust....:ears:

Even better,

The same people who complain about "you know what" will line up for hours for Flight of Passage next year and claim how amazing it is :)

I think it's so corny that people actually take sides in 'theme park wars'. Who cares if disney or universal makes the better attraction, mind you 'better' is subjective and totally based on personal preferences nowadays with both major resorts going over the top in theme and ride tech. I remember not long ago a queue was switchbacks, fans, tvs, and maybe painted themed walls. If the queue is better than the ride ultimately then it's still a win. If Pandora comes along and ups the game and Uni responds with the next best, it's a win.

I think it's so corny that people actually take sides in 'theme park wars'. Who cares if disney or universal makes the better attraction, mind you 'better' is subjective and totally based on personal preferences nowadays with both major resorts going over the top in theme and ride tech. I remember not long ago a queue was switchbacks, fans, tvs, and maybe painted themed walls. If the queue is better than the ride ultimately then it's still a win. If Pandora comes along and ups the game and Uni responds with the next best, it's a win.
Your statement is like a contradiction though. We as people always take sides to what is better. We do it with sports, brands, places to live, etc. The fact you think it's corny is subjective in itself. One could say, theme park wars are pretty cool because what you may get out of one park you might not out of the other...for years,or even decades. That leads to outcry, that leads to innovation which leads to backlash. Without passionate fans of creativity and imagination, the theme parks would not be what they are today. This crazy fans that are die hard keeps the parks from being on life support. I my opinion.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Ehhh Nevermind what I said. Thats a different debate, sorry.

Reactions: snayberry
Eh... Kong is not shaking out to be a particularly good attraction.
Yes, it has some tech problems, just like Gringotts, and Gringotts after initial lukewarm reviews has turned out to be a pretty constant top three attraction at Universal. Actually, your review of Kong, and you of course have the right to your opinion, is one of the very few lukewarm or negative reviews on either of OU's Kong's threads. The reviews thus far have been overwhelmingly loving of the attraction. Actually, they have been much better than Gringott's first reviews. And I pay little attention to the Disney sites since those reviewers usually have Universal envy in their hearts. As I've said on another post, check out Tim Tracker's review on the Saturday Six post at Touring Plans.com. He talked to real people after their ride and they all loved it. And Tim Tracker called it fantastic.....Just one last point. There's probably never been a new attraction that every single reviewer said it was the best attraction in the world. Even Forbidden Journey has it's haters. Some people just have different opinions of what turns them on with a ride. Kong is still early in the process. It took three or four months for Gringotts to shake most of their tech probelms. And I rode it in September of 2014 and the water & fire (heat) effects still weren't working and the tunnel scene was still hit or miss. :)

TMs have been saying it's very unlikely to open today...

I'm taking the Express back to USF.

It was BS... My gf still hasnt rode it. We tried two times for her and both days they didnt soft at all. Giving up and waiting for when its officially open for her to ride it. Standing around outside is a waste of your day. Buy a pass holder coke freestyle tho. That thing will save your life all day.

Reactions: Ryno27
So there is a chance this won't open by HHN?

It's going through soft openings RIGHT NOW.

Mommy, what's a pixie dust snorter?

Son, that is a pixie dust snorter:

Not trying to be rude, but really! When Frozen opens Universal fans don't call it terrible. They say it looks "cool" and the AAs are "spectacular". But sometimes people get high on pixie dust....:ears:

Josh and that other dude are idiots. I'll stand by that.

Not really taking sides myself as I went on the Frozen ride and enjoyed it, it's still in the wrong park though. Avatar is what I'm most excited for next year. I was referring to the Pixie Dusters. Were you as well or no?

Even better,

The same people who complain about "you know what" will line up for hours for Flight of Passage next year and claim how amazing it is :)

Not to say anything, but even DH says it will be amazing, and he is one of the biggest critics of Disney there is. But he is also fair and realizes from what he is hearing it is going to be good. So until you personally ride something, don't make fun of imaginary people saying a ride not yet open is good.