Soarin' Around the World | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' Around the World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Eiffel Tower is by far the most offensive scene. This show attraction (the world) was designed by people who have no clue what made the original world. Sweeping landscapes look amazing in IMAX, Tall structures look bent and awkward and terrible. It's a shame.

The polar bears were pretty cool.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As dodgy as some of the CGI is, there is nothing on a par with the hang glider in the CA version. Also, the global theme fits EPCOT much more.

Reactions: Nick
Around The World is good in theory but the transitions and overly polished CGI kill it for me. Hope to get a chance to ride this at some point.

Reactions: MrRoamer

Soarin' 2.0 might be happening? A new patent that would make the ride system more thrilling, giving it a much more complex range of motion.

Soarin' 2.0 might be happening? A new patent that would make the ride system more thrilling, giving it a much more complex range of motion.

I think Soarin is an overated attraction, but isn’t the main appeal the “easiness” of it? Like even someone’s grandma could go on Soarin and not have to worry about the thrill, etc. And personally it doesn’t make a lot of sense for them to build a new ride with this system, since you can’t really theme it to feel like a completely new experience, like you can with a trackless system or SCOOP.

Making Soarin' more intense would be one of the most incredible acts of self-sabotage Disney could perform on an attraction.

It's already a mega-popular attraction that has the widest appeal (in terms of tolerance for motion sickness) a simulator could ever possibly have.

Skeptical they’d replace an existing Soarin, but this would help bridge the divide between the cost/reliabilty of that ride system to the Flight of Passage one. And also (guessing here) reduce the building height required to deliver a FoP-type experience. It gets lost because it’s behind the floating mountains and rockers, but that building is absolutely massive and is one of the drawbacks to sticking it somewhere like Hollywood Blvd. in DCA.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and tyro
I read it more as next-gen technology that is built on the same technology as Soarin, not that this would be a replacement for the existing (very popular) attractions.
My main question would be why would they do this over reusing the FOP System? Would it be cost? To me the FOP system allows for a much more immerse and customizable experience that can be themed to multiple IPs, while Soarin seems to be more stuck theming wise due to how exposed the ride system is.

More thrilling is not what Soarin needs, but that’s not necessarily what I read this as.

I hope the plan would be to replace the existing ride system with an updated one after the Test Track refurbishment with a new ride film as I think that could really help reinvigorate life into the attraction.

More thrilling is not what Soarin needs, but that’s not necessarily what I read this as.

I hope the plan would be to replace the existing ride system with an updated one after the Test Track refurbishment with a new ride film as I think that could really help reinvigorate life into the attraction.
You never know if the Erector Set version has an end-of-life date but I don’t see them ripping something like that out to replace. More likely a cheaper FoP that doesn’t involve heaving three floors up and down on massive pistons. Just speculating here, but there’s also a chance there are obscure issues like the FoP building not being a good fit with earthquake building codes.

If this gets rid of the stupid, idiotic, fact that people's legs are in your sightline, then this if genius. I hate this ride so much because of that! :lmao: :cheers:

sos.jpg