Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Soarin' Around the World

Since the Shanghai version of this will have special scenes with there park and city does anyone think Epcot's and California Adventure's will have special segments relating to there respective local cities/theme parks? I don't honestly think so, but I really really hope so.

That's really exciting actually, that each resort will have its own version.

So we're gonna have to wait until Shanghai opens to get this I assume (which they say will be first half of 2016). Once the park is open, I assume it's fair game for Disney to bring it stateside whenever they want?

With updated footage, projection systems, and a third theater for capacity, I think Soarin' will finally be a really solid ride that's worth riding every time I visit Epcot.

We're getting that third theater next year, right?

With updated footage, projection systems, and a third theater for capacity, I think Soarin' will finally be a really solid ride that's worth riding every time I visit Epcot.

We're getting that third theater next year, right?
Yes. Third theatre for Soarin' and third track for TSMM next year.

I know they were rumored to be going over Epcot too... maybe they went over all 4 parks and will end with Epcot? Idk, I hope. That would be something that would piss me off.

NearMap image from Aug. 5th:

capture-jpg.106417

Its about time!!!...one thing I'm definitely hoping for is better transitions from scene to scene..the cut jump just completely takes you out the element a little bit...maybe they turn the corner on a crowd of trees and boom China...or get lost in the mist of a waterfall and suddenly it becomes dust in the desert.

Here's to hoping they have better editors this time around.

Its about time!!!...one thing I'm definitely hoping for is better transitions from scene to scene..the cut jump just completely takes you out the element a little bit...maybe they turn the corner on a crowd of trees and boom China...or get lost in the mist of a waterfall and suddenly it becomes dust in the desert.

Here's to hoping they have better editors this time around.

I'm right there with you. I just went on there for my first time this past April. After I got off, I was like this was it? Compared to the FJ in IOA, I was disappointed. The bad transitions threw me off.

Geeez, of the problems with the attraction, the worst being capacity and use of film, I don't understand why so many on this site don't enjoy it. I find it impressive and wonderful fun, much more fun than most attractions at WDW. (goodness, I actually mean that)
I agree. I enjoy it a lot. But it's not in FJ's or Spidey's league. That said, an attraction doesn't need to be great to be fun.

I agree. I enjoy it a lot. But it's not in FJ's or Spidey's league. That said, an attraction doesn't need to be great to be fun.

There are a lot of "relaxing" rides at Disney, and that's only because they're old and can be a little boring. When you're on Soarin', you're really getting a nice, pleasant, break from all the madness of Disney World.

I for one am very excited and look forward to my flight on SATW.

I don't absolutely hate Soarin', its just that if I have to choose if I am going to ride it or something else. Something else at that park will win every time except for Mission Space. Unfortunately, you do kind of have to make that choice. Normally for us Epcot PM (Post Maelstrom) consists of SE, TT (FP+), Nemo (at least aquarium), The Land, Figment, and then World Showcase.

Ain't nobody got that much time to wait in line for Soarin when the World is calling your name!