Soarin' Around the World | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' Around the World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never even realized the musical score was a "big deal" until this thread started gushing about it. I've only been on the ride once, but I honestly don't remember the score being that memorable. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I never even realized the musical score was a "big deal" until this thread started gushing about it. I've only been on the ride once, but I honestly don't remember the score being that memorable. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

You weren't paying attention. Soarin's score is easily one of the best written for a theme park attracion

Reactions: UNIrd and *Q*
The music is especially important for Soarin' though. It sets the tone for what you are seeing on the screen. "Majestic" is probably a good word i'd use to describe the original musical score.

Reactions: UNIrd
With so many possibilities, maybe this should be another attraction with multiple experiences. Imagine that one ride where you fly right through Niagara Falls, another approaching and gliding over the Eiffel Tower, or soar up high past Mt Fuji. There's just a lot to work with here.

Soarin' is going down 1/7/16 for upgrades to the 2 original theatres and a redo of the queue area (long overdue IMO). Scheduled to reopen in the summer with the same digital systems as DCA but not sure if theatre #3 or the new Soarin' Around the World will be part of it. I'm assuming they will wait for SDL opening with the premier of the new film there first.

Soarin' is going down 1/7/16 for upgrades to the 2 original theatres and a redo of the queue area (long overdue IMO). Scheduled to reopen in the summer with the same digital systems as DCA but not sure if theatre #3 or the new Soarin' Around the World will be part of it. I'm assuming they will wait for SDL opening with the premier of the new film there first.
When is SDL opening?

Looks like it's going to be fine, but the real make-or-break component will be the music. Will they continue to use Jerry Goldsmith's phenomenal score for the ride (arguably one of the finest theme park attraction scores ever), or will they bring on somebody else to write the music? A new composer will have an unenviable task, as it's simply impossible they'll be able to craft something as indelible and memorable as what Goldsmith did. I mean, unless they got John Williams to do it, or something, but that's not going to happen.

Reactions: Ryno27
Do they soft open parks? I mean how could they? So if that is the case I imagine this won't soft open before that point.

Laughing at my in-laws because they have the Silver pass and won't get to do any of these June opening things. I plan on as soon as opening date is announced for Frozen (hoping they don't announce it prior to 30 days in advance) to jump on fast passes for it. Figured it may be the only chance I have of beating resort guests to the punch. I did that with Mine Train and was able to do it. Hoping for the same here.

I imagine Soarin will be very easy to get now with a third theater, so I am less worried about that one.