Soarin' Around the World | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' Around the World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ain't nobody got that much time to wait in line for Soarin when the World is calling your name!

I wonder how much of a drastic change the third theater will cause for Soarin' 2. I could imagine it'll still be slammed once the new show comes out, but when the hype is over and it evens out? 30-45 minutes?

I wonder how much of a drastic change the third theater will cause for Soarin' 2. I could imagine it'll still be slammed once the new show comes out, but when the hype is over and it evens out? 30-45 minutes?
It won't change it much at all imo. It's just added capacity, and this is a high demand ride, so basically it will just allow more guests to experience the ride during the course of the day.

Maybe later in the day or early in the morning it will see lower wait times, but that's it.

I don't absolutely hate Soarin', its just that if I have to choose if I am going to ride it or something else. Something else at that park will win every time except for Mission Space. Unfortunately, you do kind of have to make that choice. Normally for us Epcot PM (Post Maelstrom) consists of SE, TT (FP+), Nemo (at least aquarium), The Land, Figment, and then World Showcase.

Ain't nobody got that much time to wait in line for Soarin when the Drinking Around The World is calling your name!
Fixed

Ive always loved this ride (whenever I can get on it). The visuals, score and the overall warm feeling you get from it is emotional. This will only make it better. Clearer visuals, better locations and hopefully the same score. I'm beyond down with it because it did need updates, also thank you lord for the new theater. Good times ahead

Disney will get ripped to shreds if they reuse that wonderful score. Unfortunately Jerry Goldsmith is no longer with us to create a new one.

They'll get ripped to shreds either way, so unless they're planning on shelling out the dollars to get Williams or Giacchino or Zimmer or somebody like that, then they might as well keep it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan
With Frozen getting all the attention, plus the added capacity, hopefully the lines won't be so long for this anymore.

They have to make a new score, the music was synced to specific locations when you flew over them.

Very woodsy over the river
Very fun and summery over the orange vineyard

Cant have those same soundtracks flying near the Eiffel tower, you need some accordion in there. I fully expect a new score.

And question, they are talking about new digital screens and projectors, were these installed in the first 2 theaters yet?

They have to make a new score, the music was synced to specific locations when you flew over them.

I got thinking about this and they might just keep the same melody and re orchestrate it. The changes you mentioned basically continue the same melody but restyle it to reflect cultures such as wild west, spanish etc. They could do the same thing with a custom arrangement.

Reactions: greendude33
I got thinking about this and they might just keep the same melody and re orchestrate it. The changes you mentioned basically continue the same melody but restyle it to reflect cultures such as wild west, spanish etc. They could do the same thing with a custom arrangement.

I honestly think this is the likeliest scenario. Perhaps still hire Giacchino to reorchestrate it like they had him do with Star Tours.

And question, they are talking about new digital screens and projectors, were these installed in the first 2 theaters yet?

No, only in Disneyland. As far as I know, Soarin' hasn't had a real rehab since opening because you know... lol.. Epcot.

Jerry Rees is supposedly the helmer for this one, which leads me to believe there's more to it than "point and shoot". I think he'll probably hire a composer to do new music, but you'd have to be insane to think they won't do something inspired by Goldsmith's score. Bruce Broughton (who did CineMagique) would be great, but a John Debney or Michael Giacchino would better to ape Goldsmith's style. Rees did work with Danny Elfman on Mystic Manor and David Newman on his 80s park projects, but their styles won't mesh with Soarin. I'm really not sure who will get the gig, but I have faith.

Also with Rees, I'd expect a new preshow to be filmed again with Patrick Warburton.

Last edited:
Apparent this ride system isn't exclusive to Disney anymore, I've read where the Mall of America is putting in a Soarin' type attraction, one screen, 20 million. Maybe it's a very similar ride system by another manufacturer? Anyway's I have always pined for an attraction like that for the River Museum in my hometown of Memphis. One that would start at source and fly down the Mississippi, taking smells of the Brewery in St. Louis, BBQ along the banks at Memphis, cotton over a field in the delta and piss in Nawlins between sceens of swooping near the Arch, Ballparks, Pyramid, bridges, paddleboats, barges and other natural features along the river

Last edited:
Apparent this ride system isn't exclusive to Disney anymore, I've read where the Mall of America is putting in a Soarin' type attraction, one screen, 20 million. Maybe it's a very similar ride system by another manufacturer? Anyway's I have always pined for an attraction like that for the River Museum in my hometown of Memphis. One that would start at source and fly down the Mississippi, taking smells of the Brewery in St. Louis, BBQ along the banks at Memphis, cotton over a field in the delta and piss in Nawlins between sceens of swooping near the Arch, Ballparks, Pyramid, bridges, paddleboats, barges and other natural features along the river
Flying attractions like this have been around since before Soarin'.

Soarin' is essentially a variation on the motion theatre concept, albeit a unique one. I doubt we'll see an exact copy of it anywhere else as it was one of Disney's own.

Flying attractions like this have been around since before Soarin'.

I find this very hard to believe. Motion simulators definitely, but an inverted simulator system utilizing a screen covering the floor to simulate flying over terrain before 2001 when it opened in DCA? The very same attraction that was noted as the only worthwhile attraction in the new park due to its innovative ride system?

Good sir, I must ask for evidence on this one.

Reactions: Eckert
Looks like they'll have some great footage... but I really hope that isn't the music.