Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

^I hardly go to MK, but yeah, if you just walk around and watch little animations that don't have you do anything, seems like a massive waste of time.

Sneer. It is nickle and dime'ing junk like this causes me serious dislike for the company. $19.95 for a paper card of which they want you to purchase more of and collect, only to play the worst video game in the world. This is right up there with BOA attempting to charge monthly debit fees. $80 bucks to get into the park and then they want you to pay a bit more for the entertainment? Severe sneer.

Sneer. It is nickle and dime'ing junk like this causes me serious dislike for the company. $19.95 for a paper card of which they want you to purchase more of and collect, only to play the worst video game in the world. This is right up there with BOA attempting to charge monthly debit fees. $80 bucks to get into the park and then they want you to pay a bit more for the entertainment? Severe sneer.

Well, they say the game will be free.

But what is free game without cards to play it that you have to pay for?

Does anyone know if they've been playtesting SotMK any more this week? We're thinking about going out to the parks Sat, Sun or Monday, just curious if we'll have any luck...

The two biggest problems I heard about the game during testing is the noise and bottleneck crowds around the portals (although these problems were expected). It's disturbing to guests who are not playing.

Right now these games are set on "easy" mode, you know, for kids. When they finally implement the full game we will be getting a medium and hard mode. Apparently, in these modes you may have to use two cards, pay attention to attack and defense and the RFID chip in the keycard will keep track of your progress. You will "level" up and the cards/spells will become more powerful like a proper RPG. Kevin Yee has a good article/review about it on micechat. I think this is an important step in bringing these Next-Gen attractions to the parks. I also do agree that they should have at least made some attempt at implementing actual props that you interact with. So far all I have seen are curtains opening and closing. We could see something like this in the other parks (Avatar game most likely). I am super excited about this technology seeing as how I am currently studying hyper-reality and location based gaming as a grad student. So much material to research! It will be interesting how they handle the obvious traffic issues in this finite space. The great thing about location based and hyper reality gaming in cities is that cities are big enough to handle the players. Cannot wait to try this out!

I played it today. It was simplistic and the card stats have yet to been delved into but it was over all a very fun and free experience. The artwork for the cards is fantastic and the animations on the screens, albeit subpar by feature film standards, was refreshing. It was not reused footage with voiceovers like Fantasmic but new House of Mouse style animation.

Read today that if you've completed it on easy you can ask a Cast Member to bump your difficulty up.

my sister and her friends completed it on easy... so they went back and the CM asked if they wanted medium or hard... I played Cruella (mainstreet) and milificent (fantasyland) on hard... and boy is there a difference in game play...

I played today it was great. One tip I will give to you all is pick up your cards behind the Christmas Shop in Liberty Square. The only reason why is Main Street USA seem to get backed up on their screens.

The issue of people backed up was not too bad tonight and one nice this is we waited for a family at one screen to finish but they were on a different story then we were. Not sure if we want to start posting the cards on here or not, but if so I have 18 out of 70 so far.