Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this is a great idea. I like how it's adding a brand new way to explore the park. Even though I'm not a kid, I know I'll be trying it :lol:

I think this will be a great new experience that will add new variety to the typical Magic Kingdom day. Having done the Detective game on the new Disney Dream Cruise Ship, I expect this to be similar and just as entertaining. I would love to see this type of attraction expanded to every park/hotel.

Wow. So many people who suddenly care so much about the Shootin' Arcade. I suspect you guys must be the ones fueling it with dollars every visit because that area is pretty dead each time I pass by, which is often. I feel this is like Snow White. People, who otherwise rarely rode the thing, only started giving a crap about it once it was announced to leave.

Anyway, Kim Possible is a lot of fun and I see more people late teens-mid twenties playing it. I assume MK work well as it is even more popular a park. Disney seems to be moving in a very interactive direction which, so far, has been a hit. I'm actually really glad they steered away from Kingdom Keepers. I hated that book. It's better to start fresh with a game that doesn't act as a walking billboard for the Virtual Magic Kingdom game like KK.

Wow. So many people who suddenly care so much about the Shootin' Arcade. I suspect you guys must be the ones fueling it with dollars every visit because that area is pretty dead each time I pass by, which is often. I feel this is like Snow White. People, who otherwise rarely rode the thing, only started giving a crap about it once it was announced to leave.

Anyway, Kim Possible is a lot of fun and I see more people late teens-mid twenties playing it. I assume MK work well as it is even more popular a park. Disney seems to be moving in a very interactive direction which, so far, has been a hit. I'm actually really glad they steered away from Kingdom Keepers. I hated that book. It's better to start fresh with a game that doesn't act as a walking billboard for the Virtual Magic Kingdom game like KK.

Wait, I thought they were the ones who weren't innovative?:inquisitive:

People, who otherwise rarely rode the thing, only started giving a crap about it once it was announced to leave.
1. it hasn't been officially announced yet.
2. Have you ever heard the saying "You never realize what you would miss until it's gone"? That's whats happening here, except that it's not gone yet, people are only afraid it will be gone.

1. it hasn't been officially announced yet.
2. Have you ever heard the saying "You never realize what you would miss until it's gone"? That's whats happening here, except that it's not gone yet, people are only afraid it will be gone.

Yea, I read up top that it hasn't even been announced. I was only addressing the reactions of those who cared all the sudden. They might simply add an interaction within the arcade that is specific to one of the Sorcerer's missions similar to how many of KP's interactions are meshed into several other attractions and exhibits.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom was play-tested yesterday. From the Disney Parks Blog:

Watch carefully over the coming days and you may see people casting spells in Adventureland. Walt Disney Imagineering has recruited Cast Members to test a new interactive experience: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

Early next year, Disney Guests become the heroes in this role-playing trading-card game as they try to defeat the Disney Villains who are working to take over the Magic Kingdom. Armed with magic spells in the form of special cards, players must search for the magic symbols that lead them to the animated villains’ hiding places. By casting different magical spell cards, these Sorcerers can do battle with Yzma, Kronk and other ne’er do wells hiding throughout the land. From fireballs to frantic frogs and cyclones, there are spells to bring down each and every villain, with a simple flick of the wrist.

Attractions magazine posted a great video of the game. Looks like fun.

[video=youtube;IGFRxkvFXYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGFRxkvFXYc[/video]

At least they are finally showing some love for Merlin and the SitS, but looks like Kim Possible, won't waste my time.

At least they are finally showing some love for Merlin and the SitS, but looks like Kim Possible, won't waste my time.

See, Kim Possible looks BETTER than this, IMO. In KP, at least you're searching in and interacting with a physical environment and puzzles.

For this, you just stand there, look at a screen, and wave a card.