Special Effects Stage | Inside Universal Forums

Special Effects Stage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 12, 2013
Hollywood
Special Effects Stage will also be "refresh" for this summer. They show will supposedly be getting shorter to accommodate more viewings. Would love to see some of the old stuff from SES's like a sound scene with guest to become folly artist again. After SES's closed in the lowerlot i have to say i have stayed away as much as possible( ive only seen the show about 4 times since in change back in 2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zacharygof
And it's not like they COULDN'T bring the popular segments! They couldve kept and revised them....there's too many boring segments that just show you clips and projections on the different screens. Yawwwn, I can see that on the DVD extras. Give me physical effects examples and interactive examples like before!

I wish they had more segments like what they have in the preshow to Disaster! I don't know why the Florida folks are tired of it. Maybe because to them it's boring filler before getting onto earthquake.

I'd love more segments where the audience can actually be in some wacky scene, etc. It's different each time because each audience member makes in new each time. Keeps the show fresh, just like the old one.

Having the whole assistant trying to sneak into the act is so annoying after the first couple times. Especially the fake astronaut segment. After the first time, you know it's not the audience member. So it becomes lame.

I WAS THERE YESTERDAY THE 4:30 SHOW RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!
Not sure if you're kidding or not, but Jerry is usually the name of the spotlight hungry assistant in Special Effects Stage. (Not sure if they change the name around though).

But yeah, his schtick is annoying after the first time in my opinion. Very annoying, because there's no room for it to be fresh every show compared to if you have more ACTUAL audience participation. Also probably disappointing to the actors/hosts. If there's more audience participation scenes, the hosts can play more with improv.

I'm fairly sure they refer to him as "Jerry" in every show. Haha. It's kinda funny the first time, but after that you already know what's coming, and it has zero re-watch value.

I definitely think Despicable Me will do just as well as Monsters University. Wouldn't be surprised if it was better. I haven't been excited for the monsters movie at all....

Regarding Universal having a fantastic box office year (so far), that's only financially. I can't wait till Universal will have a "classic" hit on their hands in the spirit of BTTF, JP, and ET.

I definitely think Despicable Me will do just as well as Monsters University. Wouldn't be surprised if it was better. I haven't been excited for the monsters movie at all....

Regarding Universal having a fantastic box office year (so far), that's only financially. I can't wait till Universal will have a "classic" hit on their hands in the spirit of BTTF, JP, and ET.
What's stopping Despicable Me from becoming a classic hit? You can't make that judgement until years after a movie is released.

I remember watching a video on youtube that had mostly effects from the back to the future trilogy. one had two people in a makshift DeLorean while trying to act out the scene in Part II flying in the sky. another had someone dress as doc brown trying to reconnect the wire on top of the clocktower until being struck by lightning given the same effect of having a charred skeleton left behind like in the SES show in the lower lot.

here's the video, it starts at 5:30

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sD4ROxdnmTU?feature=oembed

Oh, nothing is stopping it haha. I think it definitely will be a classic :) I should have specified, I meant LIVE ACTION. ;) The only Universal movies that have been financial and critical hits recently have been the musical movies. I don't wanna see Les Mis or Mama Mia The Ride ;) Everything else has been blockbuster summer hits financially, like the F&F films, or they've been flops.

So yeah Jon, I meant a live action "classic" ;)

Well, you claim the starway is a Mama Mia ride. So you better brush up on your ABBA so you can sing along.

Are you too young to know ABBA? Was that where my joke flopped? Lol
Haha no, I just thought you assumed I meant the continuous Eminem, Law & Order, Seinfeld, and Friends music fell under the Mamma Mia ride category.  :p

True story, I'm a huge law and order fan, and I like to walk in time with the theme and pose like I'm a character in the opening credits.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.