Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really just wish they could re-record Spiderman's audio to fit the "younger" sound they've had in the movies. Tobey, Andrew, and Tom sound like teenagers, which is maybe the one thing that is "missing" from the ride's version of the character.

It's a minor thing, but I think it would help it hew a bit closer to the MCU (without actually being MCU).

I really just wish they could re-record Spiderman's audio to fit the "younger" sound they've had in the movies. Tobey, Andrew, and Tom sound like teenagers, which is maybe the one thing that is "missing" from the ride's version of the character.

It's a minor thing, but I think it would help it hew a bit closer to the MCU (without actually being MCU).

*puts on nerd glasses*

But in the world of the attraction Spider-Man has clearly been around a long time. Long enough for all his enemies to be established, meaning he's probably been at it a while. Similar to the recent PS4 game, where his voice is very similar sounding to the ride.

:eek:ut:

*puts on nerd glasses*

But in the world of the attraction Spider-Man has clearly been around a long time. Long enough for all his enemies to be established, meaning he's probably been at it a while. Similar to the recent PS4 game, where his voice is very similar sounding to the ride.

:eek:ut:
He sounds like he's thirty.

I get it. I also understand that the ride voice isn't that far off from the 90s cartoon. But the most common presentations of Spider-Man now are young. I'd take him sounding like a college kid.

I get it. I also understand that the ride voice isn't that far off from the 90s cartoon. But the most common presentations of Spider-Man now are young. I'd take him sounding like a college kid.
I think trying to tie this Spider-Man to a particular cinematic interpretation would be a mistake. Different Spider-Man movie and television franchises come and go, but as a character, he is a timeless part of pop-culture, and not particularly tied to or constrained by any of them. Iron Man is basically the MCU RDJ version in the public consciousness, but every person's personal interpretation of Spider-Man wildly varies, depending on when they grew up and what pieces of media they were first exposed to, whether it was one of the many cartoon series, the comics, videogames, one of the different movie franchises, or maybe even this very ride.

There's a reason why they didn't bother showing his origin story in the MCU. Most of the viewers already knew it, and already knew Spider-Man.

Last edited:
I rode it the Thursday before opening weekend of hhn . And at the end when you hear Stan lee I just so happened to look up and saw the green room with the ghost floating. Is that new? And is that supposed to be Stan lee?

Huh, I noticed this the other day but I thought it had always been there.

I rode it the Thursday before opening weekend of hhn . And at the end when you hear Stan lee I just so happened to look up and saw the green room with the ghost floating. Is that new? And is that supposed to be Stan lee?

That's been there since day 1. After the refurb, they changed the voiceover to Stan Lee, it used to be Spider-Man which made more sense.

It's JJJ in the office. IIRC, there's a letter on the levitator gun to JJJ from Spider-Man. Something about the raise he always wanted or something along those lines.

It's supposed to be J. Jonah Jameson floating from the beam of the levitation ray Spider-man placed pointed at his office. He's glowy like a ghost because the ray makes things it shoots at glow.

Edit: Yes, it has always been there, but the visuals were updated when the ride went to 4k years ago.

It's supposed to be J. J. Jameson floating from the beam of the levitation ray Spider-man placed pointed at his office. He's glowy like a ghost because the ray makes things it shoots at glow.

Edit: Yes, it has always been there, but the visuals were updated when the ride went to 4k years ago.
Ok I just never noticed it. It looks like it’s links up the Stan Lee’s voice though. Like it’s Stan’s lees ghost

So it’s old?
Yes. It has always been there.

The voice over of Stan Lee telling us "Good work, team scoop," was added when the 4k conversion was done years back, but that window has always had JJJ floating in it... Hence why the voice over says, right before you disemark: "Now I'm going to go see about getting Mr. Jameson down."

Yes. It has always been there.

The voice over of Stan Lee telling us "Good work, team scoop," was added when the 4k conversion was done years back, but that window has always had JJJ floating in it... Hence why the voice over says, right before you disemark: "Now I'm going to go see about getting Mr. Jameson down."
cool . Thanks

Reactions: therock and Alicia
It's supposed to be J. Jonah Jameson floating from the beam of the levitation ray Spider-man placed pointed at his office. He's glowy like a ghost because the ray makes things it shoots at glow.

Hmm, I thought for sure that wasn't there in like the first year or so.

Well he's in High school in the MCU