Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

Yup, 4 times on ride (truck driver, theater district, after falling, and statue of liberty ending,) plus the voice over at the end could count as a 5th appearance in total.

I am sure there ‘used to be’ less Stan Lee cameos. Just looked at a 2009 YouTube POV and he isn’t running into the Clone Saga cinema / theatre? nor is he under the fallen web by the white wedding dress (shop) - unless to dark to see. Nice they have increased them.

I thought interesting that after SL runs in to cinema with a female friend, he is then standing alone outside the Club (305). Perhaps he is not a SW prequel fan either. Also perhaps he is hesitant to be seen going in to the club with the police and press there...!

But Marvel Island isn't in the MCU. Parker is older there by his looks.
And I want him younger.

My initial comment was that I want them to re-record so he sounds younger, and so it "hews closer to the MCU."

I haven't ridden the ride since 2011, but his voice in the recent clip was actually a bit jarring after not hearing it for so long. Every media representation of him for the last 15 years emphasized his youth (even Spider-Tobey was in college). It makes the ride feel a bit out of synch with current media because he sounds like he's thirty.

And I want him younger.

My initial comment was that I want them to re-record so he sounds younger, and so it "hews closer to the MCU."

I haven't ridden the ride since 2011, but his voice in the recent clip was actually a bit jarring after not hearing it for so long. Every media representation of him for the last 15 years emphasized his youth (even Spider-Tobey was in college). It makes the ride feel a bit out of synch with current media because he sounds like he's thirty.

Again, I think the voice in the ride sounds very similar to what we hear in the new Spider-Man PS4 game, where Peter is in his early 20s

And I want him younger.

What age do you want him to be? High School won't work with the story being presented.

I am sure there ‘used to be’ less Stan Lee cameos. Just looked at a 2009 YouTube POV and he isn’t running into the Clone Saga cinema / theatre? nor is he under the fallen web by the white wedding dress (shop) - unless to dark to see. Nice they have increased them.

I thought interesting that after SL runs in to cinema with a female friend, he is then standing alone outside the Club (305). Perhaps he is not a SW prequel fan either. Also perhaps he is hesitant to be seen going in to the club with the police and press there...!
All of the Stan Lee cameos were added when the ride was changed over to 4K. They also added a lot of bystanders to a few scenes. It was strangely desolate in the original iteration.

New to the board, haven't read through the entire thread to see if this has been asked/addressed so sorry if it's a repeat question.

Midway through the ride when green goblin is throwing his pumpkin bombs around the bridge, Spidey diverts it with his web and tosses it into the bridge.

Before, they used to have it pop out of the physical piece of bridge set, with flames that shoot out of it for the explosion.

But the last 2 times I've gone (last trip being Feb 2017) this was gone (no pyro/flames coming out of the physical set). Does anyone know if this is something that was permanently removed? Or has it been restored since the last time I went?

New to the board, haven't read through the entire thread to see if this has been asked/addressed so sorry if it's a repeat question.

Midway through the ride when green goblin is throwing his pumpkin bombs around the bridge, Spidey diverts it with his web and tosses it into the bridge.

Before, they used to have it pop out of the physical piece of bridge set, with flames that shoot out of it for the explosion.

But the last 2 times I've gone (last trip being Feb 2017) this was gone (no pyro/flames coming out of the physical set). Does anyone know if this is something that was permanently removed? Or has it been restored since the last time I went?

Probably just got unlucky. It’s still there

The real flame effect is back on now. I believe it was tuned off temporarily for a brief bit, (much like fire effects on The Mummy earlier this year during new construction,) but it was working the last couple times I rode.
Yea, sometimes it doesn't fire (automatic safety reasons) and sometimes it'll be down the whole day until Techs can fix something overnight, it was probably just luck if you missed it.

Thanks. Good to know. Just found it odd that it wasn't there on 2 consecutive trips making me believe they took out the live explosion permanently for some reason.

Edit: Perhaps it's the fact that I went in the same period 2 years in a row (Mid February). Maybe there were doing pyro maintenance on the ride same time each year. Dunno.

Last edited:
Thanks. Good to know. Just found it odd that it wasn't there on 2 consecutive trips making me believe they took out the live explosion permanently for some reason.
I noticed that too for a couple weeks. Wonder if they were working on it. It's definitely back now though, so you have an excuse to come back!

This is still my favorite ride but if anything needs updating, it’s the videos playing in the queue. Sooooooooo outdated haha. Straight out of 1994. In a way I kinda like it because it thrust me right back into the 90s
I’m surprised the queue never received an update when they went to 4K.

Especially with the new Hulk queue, I would think they would want to upgrade the rest of the queues.

All of the Stan Lee cameos were added when the ride was changed over to 4K. They also added a lot of bystanders to a few scenes. It was strangely desolate in the original iteration.

I thought that fit quite well that nobody was around. In story, the City is basically under attack. Heading out of the load area it felt eerily quiet as you went round the corner (minus JJJ on the speaker) and I thought it kept to the tone of the story quite well.

This is still my favorite ride but if anything needs updating, it’s the videos playing in the queue. Sooooooooo outdated haha. Straight out of 1994. In a way I kinda like it because it thrust me right back into the 90s

Definitely, although it was my favourite cartoon as a kid so I still enjoy watching the videos. Have they updated the Daily Bugle desks? Last time I was there the food on the desks didnt look particularly appetising.