Springfield Expansion | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There has been a leak regarding a forthcoming Universal Dining Plan. Listed in the snack section are Squishees.

FFB is not listed as a Quick Service location.

There seems to be a lot of comments about the quality of this expansion, that I'm just not getting.

Krusty looks exactly as he does in the series, if that's not quality I don't know what is.

Your talking like if the Simpsons was Disneys Brave. It's a super 2d cartoon. Yes it looks just like the show but IMO amazing coustmes are made when you create details that maybe one can only see when up close, whether it be a ruffle in the clothes, stitching, unique fabric, added prop, etc. The costume is good, but not great quality.

I guess the point was to keep him as 2-d as possible.

Last edited:
From @OrlandoInformer

Duff Gardens

ibhVKstnowQk15.png

Duff Gardens closeup

ib0aj3igyP7een.png

Kang & Kodos Twirl 'n' Hurl

iv56Vtx2H0oUT.png

Kang & Kodos Twirl 'n' Hurl closeup

idv0FrMqHd8ib.png

Quite a lineup here: Kang & Kodos, Duff Gardens, Transformers and Rockit

ibt9saPO2k17IJ.png

Your talking like if the Simpsons was Disneys Brave. It's a super 2d cartoon. Yes it looks just like the show but IMO amazing coustmes are made when you create details that maybe one can only see when up close, whether it be a ruffle in the clothes, stitching, unique fabric, added prop, etc. The costume is good, but not great quality.

I guess the point was to keep him as 2-d as possible.

I think I'd have to disagree, the characters aren't meant to be overly detailed. The transformers costumes are works of art, no doubt about that, but the Simpsons style is more laid back, and relies on one or two main motifs to characterize the main characters. That's the look the costume has gone for. I'd say they've hit the mark on that front.

I'm glad to see work on the rest of the area is progressing so rapidly. I really am looking forwards to seeing the final thing.

One of the highest quality costume characters IMO.

I did not mean to cause controversy over this. All I was saying is it is the most accurate depiction of the actual character, I was not speaking to the actual quality of the materials.

I agree. With Chief Wiggum and Duffman statues right across the street, I don't think I'd be surprised if I saw Barney somewhere outside of Moes.. but it kinda defeats the point if he's drinking his beer outside of the bar, doesn't it?

I agree. With Chief Wiggum and Duffman statues right across the street, I don't think I'd be surprised if I saw Barney somewhere outside of Moes.. but it kinda defeats the point if he's drinking his beer outside of the bar, doesn't it?

Not to say this is the case, but there is a Duff Gardens across the street where it would make just as much sense.

I just thought of something; at Moe's it would be funny if they had a prop phone with Bart calling asking for "Amanda Huginkiss" et al.

I thought they did have a prop phone in Moe's.

The only phone I found was a pay phone that you could not pick up.

As for Barnie... I wonder if they realized how congested the bar is going to get and then adding the photo op just becomes worse. So by moving to Duff Gardens (if this happens) will allow for a better photo op and cause less congested in an already cramped place. Plus they can add a photographer if they wanted then.

Hmmm... I tried to pick up the pay phone in moe's itself and couldn't. Made a comment and one of the people at a table said that it was out by the kwik e mart, but that one was already there and not new.

Hmmm... I tried to pick up the pay phone in moe's itself and couldn't. Made a comment and one of the people at a table said that it was out by the kwik e mart, but that one was already there and not new.

Should be a red phone coming soon...