Springfield Expansion | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A quick review on some of the food and drinks.

Krusty Burger- It was really good! was not sure how it would taste but by far the best theme park burger I've had. It's your classic burger with lettuce and tomatoes but instead of melted cheese they add cheese sauce and believe mayo? could be wrong on that. The curly fry's are nothing special..equivilent to the curly fry's at Arbys.

Chicken and Waffles- I've never had this before so it was a first. Again it was amazing, I found myself eating the chicken and waffles separately. The best part is in a dipping cup, a syrup flavored mayo? I think that's what it is but could be wrong.

Duff Beer- I'm a big beer drinker, I prefer stronger beers and this was right up there. It had a bitter taste which I enjoyed. If you prefer a lighter beer then the Duff Light would be more for you.

Flaming Moe-wasn't sure about this one. First off it's a non alocholic drink and it tastes like a Red Bull. Wasn't really a fan of this but the dry ice was really cool, it made an interesting feel when drinking it. Another thing is the price is a bit much. I felt like I was basically paying for the cup, $7.00 is a bit much.

Overall I was very impressed, I'm a huge Simpsons fan and the expansion is amazing so far. One thing I like is the fact that you're not allowed to just roam around the restaurants which cuts down on the amount of people (Believe they do this at Broomsticks as well). I understand they just opened up but when I went it seemed like utter confusion. Team Members directing us in random lines, telling us where to sit. One person told us "we can't sit in Moe's because It's reservation only" Obviesly we can because all the tables said "Reserved" but again I understand they just opened up. I can't wait for Duff Gardens and going back and trying the rest of the food.

Nice pics and review! I think I'll try the chicken and waffle sandwich first but I hate how they come with tater tots especially because I love curly fries. I think I'll pass on the flaming moe the groovy groove juice sounds better to me and I saw a pic of it and it looks really good.

Springfield Review (so far)::

Moes: Great theming and atmosphere, I have seen a few Simpson’s episodes and I think this established the look and feel of Moes perfectly..the only gripe I have is that the bar is way too bright, Moes is much more dark..the flaming Moes tasted pretty good, but not $7.00 good, I understand they put dry ice in it and you get a souvenir cup too, but dang that is an expensive drink.

Krusty Burger: This is the messiest burger I’ve ever had..I really loved it and will be getting this burger whenever I’m in the studios and craving a burger

Cletus’s: While the Krusty Burger was great, the Chicken and Waffles was amazing..I’m a sucker for chicken and fried made it even better..I honestly thought I was tasting something from PDQ or Chic-Fil-A..I will deffinetly be stopping here from now on when at the Studios..I also got a BUzz Cola which was pretty awesome and a great deal too considering the size of the cup!

I didn’t visit any of the other sections, but the food looked pretty great and I really want to try Luigi’s next time I go...Also nice to have a place like Lisa’s Teehouse for those of us that like healthier options at a theme park...but it was a cheat day so the Krusty Burger and Chicken Waffles were worth it..

Overall: Really excited to see the rest of Springfield...no it’s not an E-ticket and no it isn’t even a ride, but the place making is certainly appritiated..I took a spin on Simpsons after stopping at Moes and then stopped back by Cletus’s for the Chicken and Waffle and I must say this new area has really helped to settle the ride into the park and with the old Simpsons ride and the new Simpsons area it feels complete!

Kang looks sweet. Can't wait to see the tentacles installed!

As for the Android's complaints, maybe they could have the walkway behind the facade themed to look like the comic shop. Nothing drastic, just a few shallow comic shelves against the back and a few things on the wall here and there. I know it would be weird walking out of FFB and into a comic shop, but it could work. Easy fix, which they still might be working on.

I don't think it would be different for each station, and since Cletus makes their chicken and waffle sandwich to order, I'm gonna assume that the others make things to order too. So, I'm sure you can ask for no cheese, or any other specifications :cheers:

Yes, everything is assembled to order, so you could ask for anything to not be on it or be on the side. The cheese was really good and really made the burger. I normally get tired of theme park burgers, but I don't know if I could get tired of this one as it has some very different sauces on it that made it good. Not sure it would be "different" without those sauces. I would say anything like that I would ask for on the side so you can try it, but not be committed to it.