Springfield Expansion | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know if the placement of Jebediah Springfield will make it look/feel like the center of "Springfield"? I would think it would need some space, like you see below.

2z6ebo7.jpg

Anyone know if the placement of Jebediah Springfield will make it look/feel like the center of "Springfield"? I would think it would need some space, like you see below.

Based on the concept art, Jebediah Springfield will be placed between Duff Gardens and Lard Lad's, right before the stairs leading down to the lower waterfront area. He will in fact be surrounded by a grassy area, somewhat resembling the town square shown in the still of the show's opening credits you posted.

ibcuol3rK7dAuL.png

Last edited:

2z6ebo7.jpg

Edit: oops BJ beat me to it lol

You can see the (most likely) placement of the statue in the concept art Universal released. Here's a link to a pretty high quality image of it.

Image:
http://netdna.orlandoinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/universal-orlando-springfield-full-resolution-2355x1266.jpg

Credit to: Orlando Informer.
http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/the-big-five-top-five-features-of-the-simpsons-springfield-concept-art/

I remember HTF saying there will be some surprises. I'm trying to think what some could be? hmmm hopefully Barney comes back and talks lol Along with the other statues of Wiggum, Duff Man, and maybe an unexpected twist with an Apu statue in the Kwik E Mart?! that would be neat. And I wonder if the surly's in front of Moe's are going to be statues also? I'm also more intrigued for this Kang/Kodos spinner than I probably should be lol It's just crazy that everything is supposed to be complete by the 20th!

Last edited:
I think the facade looks spot on! I also don't know what else people expected. I guess maybe the only other thing I would do, is add television screens to the back of the display and door. To give the illusion of the rest of the store in the background. Similar to the kiosks in Simpsons Ride queue.

Last edited:
I think the facade looks spot on! I also don't know what else people expect. I guess maybe the only other thing I would do is add television screens to the back of the display to give the illusion of the rest of the store in the background. Similar to the Simpsons Ride que.

That's exactly what I was expecting/hoping for. What is behind it now? Just a wall? It's hard to tell from the pictures. Even the one at USH looks like it has SOME sort of something behind the robots and comic books.

That's exactly what I was expecting/hoping for. What is behind it now? Just a wall? It's hard to tell from the pictures. Even the one at USH looks like it has SOME sort of something behind the robots and comic books.

On the other side of the window display is another set of windows facing the side entrance to FFB and the restrooms. And as Gambit said.....

Forgot to mention this but the display is double sided so it looks the same from the back.

For reference, here the post I made last night displaying the windows pre-finished display.....

On the other side of the window display is another set of windows facing the side entrance to FFB and the restrooms. And as Gambit said.....

For reference, here the post I made last night displaying the windows pre-finished display.....

Ah ok, that makes a lot more sense to me now. Thanks!

Regarding "Potter level theming," I've been trying to find the right words to explain this to people who apparently got the wrong message when HTF said Springfield would have it. "Potter level" doesn't mean everything has to look like Hogsmeade. "Potter level" means that something replicates the source material and is chock full of details for fans and lay people alike. UC and Nassal did a pretty good job of this IMO. They took a 2d environment that was created as a parody of real life and made it real.

Krustyburger is a parody of McDonald's etc. That's what we got, and it looks just like it did in the show. We even got a proper menu.
Ever watch an episode of the Simpsons? Moe's looks just like it does at USF...right down to the booths along the wall.
Androids Dungeon looks like it always has. The window display has always had a robot and a few comic books.
Not to mention, half of this thing isn't done yet, and they're still adding details to the part that's open.

As for the restroom and FFB, there has always been a restroom there (did you think they were going to tear it down?...for a comic book shop?...in 2013????) FFB is a major improvement over IFFF. Sure, they retained the layout, but again, what did you expect? The individual stations are themed and have themed menus.

I thought I had high expectations, but some of you really have your heads in the clouds...or the sand.

I'm almost afraid for Diagon Alley because I'm starting to suspect that some people will attack it and/or be underwhelmed even if there's an Emma Watson musion striptease.

It's undeniable that they've completely captured the look and feel of the Simpsons. I think the theming is spectacular and matches the Simpsons world perfectly. Plus, the improvement over IFFF is just unbelievable. Even unfinished, I'm already in love with the new area for several reasons, including theming, and I'm sure this is gonna be a home run for the park.

The only issue I have with Androids is that, unless you see it from the front, there is no illusion/immersion. I don't expect them to tear down the bathrooms :lol: but even just being a facade, Androids could've been a bit more closed up from the side to make it look more realistic/complete. It is understandable why they have it this way, though, as it allows for better foot-traffic flow in this area. So, even though I don't prefer it, it's justified and I can accept that. At the end of the day, the effect this has is negligible in the grand scheme of things. It could even be brushed off with the argument that this is Universal Studios, where it's acceptable for things to be blatantly a facade for production.

A quick review on some of the food and drinks.

Krusty Burger- It was really good! was not sure how it would taste but by far the best theme park burger I've had. It's your classic burger with lettuce and tomatoes but instead of melted cheese they add cheese sauce and believe mayo? could be wrong on that. The curly fry's are nothing special..equivilent to the curly fry's at Arbys.

Chicken and Waffles- I've never had this before so it was a first. Again it was amazing, I found myself eating the chicken and waffles separately. The best part is in a dipping cup, a syrup flavored mayo? I think that's what it is but could be wrong.

Duff Beer- I'm a big beer drinker, I prefer stronger beers and this was right up there. It had a bitter taste which I enjoyed. If you prefer a lighter beer then the Duff Light would be more for you.

Flaming Moe-wasn't sure about this one. First off it's a non alocholic drink and it tastes like a Red Bull. Wasn't really a fan of this but the dry ice was really cool, it made an interesting feel when drinking it. Another thing is the price is a bit much. I felt like I was basically paying for the cup, $7.00 is a bit much.

Overall I was very impressed, I'm a huge Simpsons fan and the expansion is amazing so far. One thing I like is the fact that you're not allowed to just roam around the restaurants which cuts down on the amount of people (Believe they do this at Broomsticks as well). I understand they just opened up but when I went it seemed like utter confusion. Team Members directing us in random lines, telling us where to sit. One person told us "we can't sit in Moe's because It's reservation only" Obviesly we can because all the tables said "Reserved" but again I understand they just opened up. I can't wait for Duff Gardens and going back and trying the rest of the food.

I gotta say that they add some kinda sauce I can't put my finger on that makes it taste different, but it is delicious Looking forward to my next Burger this week

Additionally, the Eggo & Chicken...whoops, I mean Waffle was good too, but I see me ordering far more of the burgers.

Thanks for the review and pics, John! :cheers: I'm looking forward to having a Krusty Burger next time around :drool:

So is there any possible way that you could get the Chicken & Waffle Sandwich plain (without the syrup mayo, lettuce, tomato, etc.)? Everything else sounds great, nonetheless!

Yeah, they make it right in front of you, however you like it :thumbs:

Last edited:
I'll be popping in for a few chicken and waffle sandwiches and Buzz colas, really enjoyed my meal today. I wanted to go grab a burger for dinner but my wallet decided against it lol