Springfield Expansion | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is that a T.V. Screen in the back of the Android's Display?

Against the very back of the window display? No, there are still windows on the side facing the restrooms.

From AmusementPics.....

i7787bgXtTv8m.png

From Inside the Magic.....

iN9Fs5o9J0OOQ.png

If that's it, I'm sorely disappointed. I hope there's more to it.

They actually nailed it. It looks exactly as it does on the show.....

iUgvSyHMtsZPl.png

I would prefer for it to have been an actual store, or an enclosed space so it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious that it's just a facade... :shrug:
But, in a way, it works (from the right angle - the front). It'll be a good (non-flash) photo op. Especially when people are coming in or out of FFB, it'll look like there's people in the store. Even though the sign says closed :look: :p Hopefully they'll put some posters up on the inside wall, to also have a better background.

I hope in the future they can rip out those restrooms and make it a actual store. But it looks good, thanks for posting!

I would prefer for it to have been an actual store, or an enclosed space so it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious that it's just a facade... :shrug:
But, in a way, it works (from the right angle - the front). It'll be a good (non-flash) photo op. Especially when people are coming in or out of FFB, it'll look like there's people in the store. Even though the sign says closed :look: :p Hopefully they'll put some posters up on the inside wall, to also have a better background.

I believe they covered the window area of it with a green barrier, so you cant really see the people if they walking into the restroom area. That is what I am guessing from the photo up above.

I believe they covered the window area of it with a green barrier, so you cant really see the people if they walking into the restroom area. That is what I am guessing from the photo up above.

There's no covering, just another window on the other side :thumbs:

Forgot to mention this but the display is double sided so it looks the same from the back.

BTW, thank you for the pic and update, Gambit! :cheers:

They actually nailed it. It looks exactly as it does on the show.....

iUgvSyHMtsZPl.png

Ok, yeah but there's nothing else to it? No depth when looking into the window? This expansion is all about making a cartoon environment come to life and all they do it put up a cutout of a robot and a couple of comics? That's why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the expansion (if this is the finished product).

Ok, yeah but there's nothing else to it? No depth when looking into the window? This expansion is all about making a cartoon environment come to life and all they do it put up a cutout of a robot and a couple of comics? That's why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the expansion (if this is the finished product).

Android's was always planned to be nothing more than a facade.

Lol. Sorry for hijacking your post and using it to kickstart my review of my experience at FFB today.

No worries. Just wanted to make it clear I was being completely facetious. Would you mind elaborating on your experience for us? We haven't had many critical reviews around here.

The overall theming pretty nice, and quite fun as a Simpson's fan. I think Moe's is probably the best, and Krusty Burger actually feels how I imagined a real-life Krusty Burger being. The food court is acceptable, and definitely an improvement over what was previously there. I do wish they'd show actual Simpsons episodes on the TVs though. A 6-minute loop gets quite annoying during a 30-minute meal.

As far as food goes, I can only speak to the Chicken Waffle Sandwich. I had the luxury of getting "fresh" waffles and "fresh" tots with my sandwich. However, the tots were lukewarm, too soft, and generally quite boring. The waffle was surprisingly room temperature for something that just came out of the toaster. The center had a nice consistency, but the edges might as well have been cardboard. They were quite bland in flavor as well. The chicken was about on par with what I've come to expect from counter service, so no major complaints there.

Mind you, all of this is separate from the experience of watching an apathetic, under-motivated twenty-something piece my sandwich together and throw it on a soaking wet tray.

The overall theming pretty nice, and quite fun as a Simpson's fan. I think Moe's is probably the best, and Krusty Burger actually feels how I imagined a real-life Krusty Burger being. The food court is acceptable, and definitely an improvement over what was previously there. I do wish they'd show actual Simpsons episodes on the TVs though. A 6-minute loop gets quite annoying during a 30-minute meal.

As far as food goes, I can only speak to the Chicken Waffle Sandwich. I had the luxury of getting "fresh" waffles and "fresh" tots with my sandwich. However, the tots were lukewarm, too soft, and generally quite boring. The waffle was surprisingly room temperature for something that just came out of the toaster. The center had a nice consistency, but the edges might as well have been cardboard. They were quite bland in flavor as well. The chicken was about on par with what I've come to expect from counter service, so no major complaints there.

Mind you, all of this is separate from the experience of watching an apathetic, under-motivated twenty-something piece my sandwich together and throw it on a soaking wet tray.

Sounds like a fair review.
I can't blame them on the loop being around six minutes though. That is long enough to where most people will catch the jokes that want to and not too long to where you are not sitting there for a half hour watching the TV. Theme parks don't want you sitting idle once you have spent your money. They want you to enjoy it and be done so you can spend your money on the next thing.

And to be honest, after having worked in both Disney and Universal's F&B teams, Disney's food is seriously sub-par for what you end up getting. Granted, there are select locations that offer acceptable food in CS, but for a low price, Universal seems to always have better food (except for pretzels, churros, and most burger/fry deals - those suck everywhere, no exceptions, and you should know better). Try working a week in Lunching Pad and you'll understand what I mean. Or Gaston's Tavern. You haven't experienced a dry heave until you've had to prepare those pork shanks.