Springfield Expansion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From InsideTheMagic, Barney removed from Moe's

BMMgRN5CcAEtfJ9.jpg

Figures. He did take up some valuable space at the bar. Maybe we'll see him moved somewhere else?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

In other news....Duff Gardens is pretty much complete. I do find it interesting how those bricks are sculpted and not actual bricks, if my eyes (and CaptainJack's assumption) is correct. Curious to me as to why they wouldnt use actual bricks.

Bricks are hell to maintain in Florida from what I've been told. No idea if there's any truth to that though.

None that I have ever known. There are plenty of real bricks around and very sturdy buildings and structures. Schools, banks and other structures near 100 years old. I am thinking it is more or less just cheaper and quicker to sculpt into stucco etc... to get the desired idea.

Would certainly make sense. What reasoning would be behind that though?
The nature of the material and its contemporary use as a veneer. Water gets behind masonry and if you look closely you'll see weep holes that allow moisture to escape. That same hole can let in humid air. Masonry also does not breathe well and will retain the heat it absorbs during the day. Compounding that with other materials that would act in a similar manner, such as concrete, only makes the problem worse.

The nature of the material and its contemporary use as a veneer. Water gets behind masonry and if you look closely you'll see weep holes that allow moisture to escape. That same hole can let in humid air. Masonry also does not breathe well and will retain the heat it absorbs during the day. Compounding that with other materials that would act in a similar manner, such as concrete, only makes the problem worse.

:thumbs: Much appreciated! I can understand with Florida's humidity and heat but at the same time I also have seen sturdy buildings around my town of bricks. Not many, but they are around so I guess I would agree that efficiency, time, and money played a part.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

In other news....Duff Gardens is pretty much complete. I do find it interesting how those bricks are sculpted and not actual bricks, if my eyes (and CaptainJack's assumption) is correct. Curious to me as to why they wouldnt use actual bricks.
Same reason they didn't use actual wood on the Moe's facade. While wood is definitely harder to maintain, bricks are too and if they can avoid it, then it's better for the long run.

I feel like the whole lake should be surrounded by those stones. I feel like having different theming throughout the lakes outer wall may look weird.
SimpsonsRide_-_Florida.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I thought those walls right above the lake near duff gardens would be themed but I guess not. In the concept art it stays grey. I rather have it all one texture so that's ok if the concrete stays.

Last edited: