Springfield Expansion | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I'm very surprised to see that after today's non stop crazy rain. It's like they're going to finish this project on time come hell or high water.

Wow, it appears the center base is very close to the water's edge. No wonder they had foundation/water issues. Too, it appears the ride arms will extend out over the lagoon...?

Wow, it appears the center base is very close to the water's edge. No wonder they had foundation/water issues. Too, it appears the ride arms will extend out over the lagoon...?

Pretty sure that won't be the case unless all the arms have an extension mechanism. Its likely just a perspective thing from where the photo was taken.

Pretty sure that won't be the case unless all the arms have an extension mechanism. Its likely just a perspective thing from where the photo was taken.

It's definitely a perspective thing. I can't remember, but I saw an aerial or pic from the Simpsons ride building not too long ago, and the ride area is pretty big.

It's definitely a perspective thing. I can't remember, but I saw an aerial or pic from the Simpsons ride building not too long ago, and the ride area is pretty big.

I think the perspective point makes the most sense. When I first heard they were putting this on that space I had wondered if the arms would reach over the water, but then I realized it would double the load in time if only half the ride was over land...it could be done, but it would not be very efficient (unless it only reaches over the water with the arms extended and then was over land when the arms lower)

The movements of this ride is what we should be expecting right?

[video=youtube;bnQTVJzL2nM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTVJzL2nM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

and by when does this need to be done by ??

Last edited:
I think the perspective point makes the most sense. When I first heard they were putting this on that space I had wondered if the arms would reach over the water, but then I realized it would double the load in time if only half the ride was over land...it could be done, but it would not be very efficient (unless it only reaches over the water with the arms extended and then was over land when the arms lower)

I'm guessing it's all gonna be in-land.

Orlando Informer reports:

Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck is expected to arrive later this summer and be parked on the side of Springfield closer to Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone. Our sources tell us that this food truck will resemble a gigantic Bumblebee Man, complete with one of his wings being used as an awning over the ordering/pick up window.

Also, from @mellyybaby on Twitter:
@OrlandoInformer the taco truck uniform is literally a bumblebee and super embarassing lol
@OrlandoInformer we have them all displayed in our wardrobe building, no pics allowed of course!

Captain Jack snapped this shot last night

BMHrgjNCQAAXM1O.jpg

The movements of this ride is what we should be expecting right?

[video=youtube;bnQTVJzL2nM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTVJzL2nM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

and by when does this need to be done by ??

Completely off topic, and I do apologize, but I am dead at the disco ball in the middle of the spinner. Nothing says spider like a disco ball.

Is it too late to change the theme of the new ride to a Disco Stu?

Completely off topic, and I do apologize, but I am dead at the disco ball in the middle of the spinner. Nothing says spider like a disco ball.

Is it too late to change the theme of the new ride to a Disco Stu?

Don't forget...

Disco Stu said:
Disco Stu doesn't advertise!

I also wanted to note about this style ride in the video. It can only load a portion of cars at a time, and the ride needs to move between each section for loading and unloading.

Last edited: