Springfield Expansion | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A little birdie was telling me about some features of Kang and Kodos that had been speculated on a lot around here, and a few that I believe had been nixed by one or more people…I wouldn't mind getting the questions cleared up by those who may know… :look:

Kang looks sweet. Can't wait to see the tentacles installed!

As for the Android's complaints, maybe they could have the walkway behind the facade themed to look like the comic shop. Nothing drastic, just a few shallow comic shelves against the back and a few things on the wall here and there. I know it would be weird walking out of FFB and into a comic shop, but it could work. Easy fix, which they still might be working on.

I don't think inside Android's is done yet, I believe we will see something more there when this project is all said and done.

Also there has been a few comments on the liquid cheese earlier. I just wanted to point out that this is not some new creation, it has been used in fast food for many years now. For example Wendy's has liquid cheese for the "Cheesy Cheddar Burger" as well as Arby's has it for the "Beef and Cheddar", I believe Burger King has some sort of liquid cheese too.

Thanks for the additional pics and close-ups, Kyle! :thumbs:

Are those plain souvenir cups, or are they also Meal Deal / refillable cups?

It is my understanding that any souvenir cup can be used for the dollar fill ups.

The new area and food offerings look awesome.
But a thought came to mind when they announced this expansion:
If the Simpsons TV show ends in the next 3-4 years, how long can Universal keep this land until the public becomes unenthusiastic about it?

If the Simpsons TV show ends in the next 3-4 years, how long can Universal keep this land until the public becomes unenthusiastic about it?

There is basically no worth in discussing the longevity of the longest running sitcom, animated series, and primetime scripted series in American history. The core concept of a satire of the American family and life, will always be relevant.

The new area and food offerings look awesome.

See Harry Potter :thumbs:

And to be honest, after having worked in both Disney and Universal's F&B teams, Disney's food is seriously sub-par for what you end up getting. Granted, there are select locations that offer acceptable food in CS, but for a low price, Universal seems to always have better food (except for pretzels, churros, and most burger/fry deals - those suck everywhere, no exceptions, and you should know better). Try working a week in Lunching Pad and you'll understand what I mean. Or Gaston's Tavern. You haven't experienced a dry heave until you've had to prepare those pork shanks.

Clearly you haven't worked a shift in Circus McGurkus' "Chicken Room," made a batch of Pad Thai sauce at Confisco's or had a rat scurry across your foot at Lombard's, then. ;) That can be said about Food Service in general, as it's hardly the glamorous lifestyle the celebrity chefs make it out to be. It's full of all manner of unpleasentries, just wish I hadn't wasted a college scholarship and almost 8 years of my life on it.

In the past, I'd generally agree w/ you on the quality of Universal's QS compared to Disney's. Steve Jayson really takes pride in all of the food served on property and never really looked at the QS as an afterthought. One of the main reasons he got 2000 ACF Chef of the Year.

However, I really think GE did a number on Foods and QS, as they forced a lot of shortcuts, premade products and lower-quality foods in order to increase profits.

At the same time, Disney brought in a Swiss chef who's lit a fire under Disney's QS in terms of quality and freshness. I consider them pretty much equal, now.

TheTimTracker posted a new video of Universal. At 6:15 in the video, they show the other side of the Android's Dungeon window display.....

[video=youtube;mfz_iWez7Kw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfz_iWez7Kw[/video]

ibsYjD5BWfbTVK.png

imSLSP7EUDS2x.png

Last edited:
Phew! Just been away for 2 weeks and it has taken me an age to catch up.

This expansion looks amazing, the themeing, food and beverages all fit the bill so well, I am sooo looking forward to seeing the finished productwhen I visit in September.

Way to go Uni :thumbs:

Now on to the trasnformers thread :pop:

One of the highest quality costume characters IMO.

I know that its your opinion but how is this high quality. Its not bad but its also not high quality. High quality are the transformers characters or the characters that talk in Disney. This is just a regular costume.

If they have can have this complete in 8.5 days, I'll be very impressed. Lots to be done!

- - - Updated - - -

I know that its your opinion but how is this high quality. Its not bad but its also not high quality. High quality are the transformers characters or the characters that talk in Disney. This is just a regular costume.

It's on par with the majority Disney foamheads. The articulated ones don't count.

It's the best Universal foamhead.

Transformers are a different animal completely.

There seems to be a lot of comments about the quality of this expansion, that I'm just not getting.

Krusty looks exactly as he does in the series, if that's not quality I don't know what is.