Springfield Expansion | Page 262 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's that I see? A cop car????
null_zpsbdb6a426.jpg

Awesome find!

Yes, you were right on. Only a few subtle changes in food court names, and you reported those also before the restaurant's opening, and now we're near the finish line. I applaud you for your true INSIDER information. Keep up the good work.

I still think K&K's name and sign is way too dramatic if it only goes in circles....I was hopping it spinned like a teacup and went around like One Fish, Two Fish.

I still think K&K's name and sign is way too dramatic if it only goes in circles....I was hopping it spinned like a teacup and went around like One Fish, Two Fish.
This. While we've known for a while that is was going to be a basic spinner, I too was hoping for something more. The theme is cool, but the ride is lacking.

Seriously. :blank:

It's a spinner

Not the Top Thrill Dragster of Universal Orlando.

People will find anything and everything to pick apart nowadays :doh:

Seriously. :blank:

It's a spinner

Not the Top Thrill Dragster of Universal Orlando.

People will find anything and everything to pick apart nowadays :doh:
Why don't we have the right to want something more? Everyone states how state-of-the-art Universal is, so why build another simple spinner when you have One Fish... at IOA? I think a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for the cars to actually spin. But they're not, and it is what it is. However, these same people who praise K&K, are usually the same people who bash Disney for building similar attractions. No park is truly perfect.

Why don't we have the right to want something more? Everyone states how state-of-the-art Universal is, so why build another simple spinner when you have One Fish... at IOA? I think a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for the cars to actually spin. But they're not, and it is what it is. However, these same people who praise K&K, are usually the same people who bash Disney for building similar attractions. No park is truly perfect.

I don't think the park wants to take the hurl part seriously, either do other park guests.

I mean, really? After all that has come, and is coming...you want something more other than a spinner that helps USF broaden it's appeal to families? Then turn around and defend that statement, but lump in the comment about "Disney building similar attractions" as a basis to your rationale. Really...

I mean, really? After all that has come, and is coming...you want something more other than a spinner that helps USF broaden it's appeal to families? Then turn around and defend that statement, but lump in the comment about "Disney building similar attractions" as a basis to your rationale. Really...
It's obvious I'm losing this battle. Let me clarify that I LOVE Springfield, and I'm not even a Simpsons fan. I do appreciate how Universal has turned something into nothing. I was just hoping for something more than your basic spinner with K&K. I'm not hating, just stating my opinion.

Last edited:
I think the fact that this is a tamer spinner is a good thing. I take it as a step towards being more inclusive of that demographic who wants family-friendly rides and can't do the more intense thrill rides. It's not taking the place of any existing thrill rides, which we all here love, but it adds something extra that was lacking before. Rides and experiences like this one, sprinkled throughout the resort, will go a long way to attract more of that demographic that would typically just go to Disney with the excuse that Universal only has stuff for older kids and adults.

But in reality I know virtually all of us were hoping the shuttles could spin as well...not huss "crazy dance" spin but the ability to have a non agrrssive spin combined with what it is doing now.