Springfield Expansion | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to nitpick, but I'm wondering why they decided to call the street Evergreen Terrace. The only things in the show on Evergreen Terrace are the Simpsons and Flanders houses, and neither are found in Uni's Springfield. I love the name Fast Food Blvd though.

Not to nitpick, but I'm wondering why they decided to call the street Evergreen Terrace. The only things in the show on Evergreen Terrace are the Simpsons and Flanders houses, and neither are found in Uni's Springfield. I love the name Fast Food Blvd though.

Easily identifiable name is all.

The Twirl n Hurl was all lit up tonight and looked gorgeous! It looked like it could have open any minute. My only concern is for CineSpec, that ride will seriously take away from the show if they don't turn those lights off.

In the Simpsons show the buildings move around all the time. In fact one time Moe's was right down the street from the Simpson house. But yeah, that choice is a little weird.

In the Simpsons show the buildings move around all the time. In fact one time Moe's was right down the street from the Simpson house. But yeah, that choice is a little weird.

You're right about that. The layout of Springfield has always been inconsistent to say the least, and the writers don't apologize for that. I actually think they've done it like that on purpose, because the inconsistencies and the liberties they take are rather funny. Take "downtown" Springfield for example. Sometimes it's a modest looking downtown. Sometimes it's a giant mega metropolis rivaling NYC complete with huge skyscrapers, major bridges, and a Chinatown. Also look at the Nuclear Power Plant. Sometimes it's far away and isolated. Sometimes it's a stone's throw away from the Simpson's house!

The placement of all these things in Universal's Springfield and the randomness of it all (Lard Lad next to Duff Brewery, Android Dungeon next to Krusty Burger etc) is okay and I think the best they could've done with the space they had. But the Evergreen Terrace street sign feels the most "wrong" of everything in my opinion, just because there is nothing residential here.

Are the walls down? If testing went flawless the walls should of come down last night.

I can't watch the video on my iPad because of flash. Is there anyway someone could post a screen capture, here or in the stash please? I'm dying to see it lit up!