Springfield Expansion | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't watch the video on my iPad because of flash. Is there anyway someone could post a screen capture, here or in the stash please? I'm dying to see it lit up!

:lol: Me too! iPad on the Hospital Wifi :bonk:

The video quality is not the best, so not missing much. Can't wait for a better video or wait, going to see it in person. Hoping it is open by Friday :)

You're right about that. The layout of Springfield has always been inconsistent to say the least, and the writers don't apologize for that. I actually think they've done it like that on purpose, because the inconsistencies and the liberties they take are rather funny. Take "downtown" Springfield for example. Sometimes it's a modest looking downtown. Sometimes it's a giant mega metropolis rivaling NYC complete with huge skyscrapers, major bridges, and a Chinatown. Also look at the Nuclear Power Plant. Sometimes it's far away and isolated. Sometimes it's a stone's throw away from the Simpson's house!

The placement of all these things in Universal's Springfield and the randomness of it all (Lard Lad next to Duff Brewery, Android Dungeon next to Krusty Burger etc) is okay and I think the best they could've done with the space they had. But the Evergreen Terrace street sign feels the most "wrong" of everything in my opinion, just because there is nothing residential here.
For anyone that has been to Springfield, is there any room to add just The Simpson family house if Uni ever wanted to? Like, would it fit in anywhere before Androids or Lard lads?

I was playing the Simpsons: Tapped Out latest Krustyland update and thought this was great dialogue.

Krusty: Listen, Comic Book Guy. You know theme parks. How would you rate mine?
Comic Book Guy: I absolutely love it. One-and-a-half stars.
Krusty: Yikes. That’s kinda harsh.
Comic Book Guy: Well, your rides are dated. They move too much.
Comic Book Guy: A truly first-rate modern ride is where you sit in a fake car and watch a 3-D movie that almost convinces you you’re moving in real life.
Krusty: That’s moronic!
Comic Book Guy: Also, you need to have a tie-in to a successful movie. Or, as a last resort, a long-running primetime animated TV show.
Krusty: But what money-grubbing TV cartoon would be desperate enough to lend its good name to a ride where you only pretend to be on a ride?
Comic Book Guy: A good point. Surely that would never happen. Well, we can always try for a movie tie-in.

Reactions: jtsalien
Ok, the best I could do was take a Vine video of it and then since I'm a noob at vine and don't know how to share that, I posted it to twitter and got the link :lol: Here it is

vine.co/v/hbYKMKwMWla

Like Izzy said, not the best quality, but it's something :thumbs:

Awesome, thank you very much! And I agree with Izzy, it's better to have the video to see the movement and kinetic energy of the lighting effects.

FYI,

Testing hasn't been completed and were awaiting them running at daily operations behind the walls in order to sign the attraction off. Should be by this weekend guys and gals!

So don't know if anyone has been following, but @TouringPlans is testing out the new reserve seating for Cinespec. It's $15 dollars, anyone can do it, seems like it's a "day of" type of thing, and you get any non-alcoholic drink form Duff Gardens (sans Flaming Moes) and a cupcake from Lard Lad included. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

So don't know if anyone has been following, but @TouringPlans is testing out the new reserve seating for Cinespec. It's $15 dollars, anyone can do it, seems like it's a "day of" type of thing, and you get any non-alcoholic drink form Duff Gardens (sans Flaming Moes) and a cupcake from Lard Lad included. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

Not bad at all. Depending on if Cinespec is running while I go (park closing at 8 in October), I'd be pretty interested in doing this.

So would that include something like Buzz Cola, or just your typical soft drinks?