Springfield Expansion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice to see the first signs of movement here.

I'd assume if the carts were taken out something will be happening to the paving around there, and the whole area will come out looking fresh.

I would like to see (if and when this is finished) the entire Simpson's area completely separated from the "World Expo" part of the park and become "Springfield" on the map. I never really have understood the World Expo and Simpson's correlation. I know BTTF used to be there and fit quite nicely but I think it would be a welcome change in my own mind.

Are those bricks replacing where large planters once stood?

IMG_4136.jpg

Permit comments
The total width of means of egress in inches shall not be less than the total occupant load served by the means of egress. FBC 1005.1, 2010 (Identify width between que rails for ride and restaurant.)

A separate permit will be required for themed prop sign and south entry sign.

(Utilize factors based on square footage for seating area and linear footage for bar and booth areas. 2. Also indicate occupant load at ride area.

Some mentions of queue and ride have me curious about whether or not we may be getting another ride.

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder if its expanding into and around the coke display. I'm not sure where they fit in a ride. Maybe something like a kiddie coaster...

(Utilize factors based on square footage for seating area and linear footage for bar and booth areas. 2. Also indicate occupant load at ride area.

My guess:

square footage for seating area=Krusty Burger
linear footage for bar and booth areas=Moe's

I don't believe that there is another ride involved with this expansion, but I admittedly have heard very little about this project.

That would be pretty awesome if we are getting a Krusty Burger with some nice and good gourmet burgers on tap, and Moes was almost a forgone conclusion, there is no where on that side of the park to currently be able to purchase any alcohol, so it was pretty much needed. (I know you can buy beer, but not a FULL bar)

(Identify width between que rails for ride and restaurant.)

Sounds to me like they have to determine how much space is between the new restaurant and the current Simpsons queue rails, probably safety related. But if there is a second ride, cool. Or maybe they are calling the waiting line inside the restaurant the queue.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are thinking new ride when they read the permits. Wasn't there a permit that was going to take the exiting rider to the Kwik-E-Mart?

Also, I'm interested in that south entry sign, as weird as that sounds. I think it would be cool if they made the mountain with Springfield on it!